We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

brighton
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

My boyfriend and I going to punta mid jan and not sure whether to stay in la Brava( out of La bluette, la posta del cangre or esturion de montoga) or try and get a place in Jose? any views on the above accomodation would be great.Basically we are a couple mid thirties who want to chill on the beach, eat the best food and just hang out really, still like to party but not with the kids if you get my jist.Thanks!

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

I'm not sure how much luck you'll have finding a place to stay this late. Leaving that aside, I recommend Jose Ignacio over La Barra (not La "Brava," which is the name of the Atlantic side of Punta del Este and the "wilder" beach in Jose Ignacio). It's just classier. But if you want La Barra, I'd take La Posta del Congrejo over the other two you mentioned, or you could try Le Club.

brighton
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

Thank you very much for ur reply. now I can make a decision! jet lagged thats why i put la brava by mistake! cheers candice

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

We are staying at Le Club in La Barra this year and were there two years ago. It is right next to Posta del Cangrejo but less expensive. It doesn't have a pool...but who needs a pool when you're right on the beach? We enjoyed it a lot- the staff was very nice and the rooms were simple but just what we were looking for. Within walking distance of a lot of great restaurants and bars. You can check out their website: www.leclubposada.com

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

It seems like Le Club is a popular spot. How far is it from Punte del Este?

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

Punta dl Este is both a town, built around a central peninsula, and a general area. Le Club is in the Punta area, and about 6-8 miles up the Atlantic coast from the peninsula in the heart of the town.

6. Re: Best place to stay for chilling on beach, great food, wine..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 01:20