We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posada Azul Marino

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Posada Azul Marino

I would appreciate any information on this hotel as we are considering staying here.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posada Azul Marino

haven't stayed there, but our hotel snob friends said that if they ever go back, that is where they want to stay. hope that helps....noticed no one replied to you, so I guess my response is the best that is out there right now.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posada Azul Marino

Sorry, I had overlooked this before. Azul Marino may be great as a posada -- can't say, haven't stayed there -- but it's location is far from special. It's well inland from the beach, on a dirt road, and three miles from Jose Ignacio itself. Really isolated.

There are three better places, at least for location, and rom what I've seen of them they all seem like they would be great places to stay:

Casa Suaya -- brand new, hip and modern, right smack dab on the water, on the broad sweeping "Brava" beach

Posada Paradiso -- funky, very hip posada in the center of Jose Ignacio, three minute walk from both Brava and Mansa beaches

La Posada del Faro -- the "grande dame" of the boutiuqes in Jose Ignacio, great sunset views, very "European" in feel.

They all have good web sites.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
30 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posada Azul Marino

Thanks for the information! We currently have reservations at the Posada - it does look lovely but isolated, which is fine since we will be spending some time in La Barra and then will be looking for some down time after that!

I will check into some of the other regardless to compare price points.

Punta del Este...
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posada Azul Marino

Just one final thought: all time in Jose Ignacio is "down time" -- that's what the place is all about. Even if you're in the middle of Jose Ignacio, you're talking about being among about 200 people spread over 16 or so tiny blocks of small but exquisite houses and dirt roads, with no clubs, no supermarkets, no high-rises, no noise, no real traffic, and absolutely nothing to do except relax and go to the beach.

Montevideo
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Posada Azul Marino

We stayed at the Posada Azul Marino twice in Jan/Feb of 2007 for about 10 days total. Yes it is remote, about a five minute car ride to the beaches of Jose Ignacio and about 15 minute car ride to La Barra. But within walking distance are two of the most exclusive, unique restaurants in all of Punta, one called Nam and one called Marisimo (or something like that.) Nam doesn't take kids so we can't rate it, but Marisimo served great food outdoors around a bonfire. Fun and different.

We loved the Posada Azul Marino. Great people, we sensed a very homey, helpful atmosphere throughout our stays. Rooms were simple but generous-sized beach-chic, very clean, well-equipped with great views of the lighthouse about a mile away form your private balcony. The breakfasts were fine with homemade buns and bread. If possible, take a room on the 2nd floor for the improved view.

Very pleasant place all in all, but you'll definitely need a car and there is VERY little to do at the posada itself. Which can be good or bad, depending on your tastes. My wife and I plus our 2 year old loved it and will definitely go back because Jose Ignacio is by a landslide our favorite part of the Punta del Este region. La Barra is also great for eating, nightlife and strolling through some less formal shopping options . . .plus some good art galleries are popping up.

JP Paul & Isabel Perez

Montevideo Uruguay

6. Re: Posada Azul Marino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 09:20