We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

queluz portugal
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

On 11 March i will be in Abu Dhabi. for a cruise.The Check in is at 12.00 I would like to see Dubai and the musts of Abu Dhabi (mosque) which is the best way? costs?time?

the ship leaves at 11.50 pm.

All tips are welcome

thanks

fremy

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
136 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

We were in Abu Dhabi on 28 Feb. The Grand Mosque is a MUST. It's so amazing! You ought to arrive between 10:00-11:30am as I saw it closed at 12 noon and the next visit is at 4pm.

The Port has free shuttle buses to go out of the Port, where plenty of taxis are waiting. But many of them ask for an unacceptable price, say Euro 200 to the Grand Mosque. When we opt to leave, another taxi driver approached us and agreed to pay by meter. We took it to the Mosque. It cost AED35, about 30 min ride. If you walk further to hire a taxi, you can certainly pay by meter.

If you wish to roam around the Emirate Palace Hotel (5 min ride from Marina), you must make a reservation first. The min charge for afternoon tea is AED100 per person.

Our cruise ship (Costa Favolosa) has shuttle (costs Euro 8) round trip Port & Marina Mall. It takes only 15 min for 1 trip. Go by taxi will be cheaper. When you're at the Marina Mall, make sure you take the transparent lift to the top floor. It's free and the view is spectacular. You can also have a drink there. But the windows are not clean enough. You can take a bus (No. 11, AED1) back to the Port to have a look at the city. It takes at least 1 hour.

Regarding the trip to Dubai, I guess the round trip by car takes around 5 hours provided that traffic is smooth. So, take your time. Don't miss the cruise!

In my opinion, Abu Dhabi is a beautiful city which certainly worth a one day visit.

queluz portugal
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

Hi Siumee

thanks for your tips, will be very useful. Our checkin is at 12 am free perhaps about 2 pm??

will make good use of this and revert when back

fremy

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

You cannot fit in a tour of Dubai and Abu Dhabi in one day. The Grand Mosque is very busy on days when cruise ships are in, but it is well worth it. Check out posts from RachelSFnative who was also in AD recently on a cruise and did an extensive whirlwind tour in a day. ILME

queluz portugal
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

thks just leaving from Ericeira to Lisbon to get my flight

fremy

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

I hope you enjoy your visit. The temperatures are rather cool and it is windy.

queluz portugal
Level Contributor
113 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

hi back from Abu Dhabi, it was wonderful, but the msc started from dubai instead of Abu Dhabi. so no chancxe to see Abu Dhabi just transfer to Dubai, cruise port has no shuttlle service, and far from center. Ship left at 10 am next day instead of 2 am as scheduled. Really very windy and cool. No possiblity to see Dubai by night!!!

any way thks for your help

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

Thanks for posting an update. Sorry you missed the nice weather. We had an exceptionally long period of sand storms and cool weather for most of March. Sunny and over 40C in Abu Dhabi today! You'll have to come back again to see more another time.

8. Re: abu dhabi cruise port to dubai and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:43