We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Hi

Has anyone heard of a travel agent called Grand Prix Adventures Limited based in Dundee who are selling VIP tickets for the yas Hotel viewing area?

They say we need to pay for tickets and don't get to collect them until @ the airport in Abu Dhabi. Having travelled all the way from Australia this is very concerning. Is this normal practice?

Jenny

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,508 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Went to the F1 website, clicked on tickets and tours.

F1 seem to have an arrangement with a tour company.

Look towards the bottom of this link and you will see how they talk about how you exchange a voucher for an actual ticket.

uktickets.formula1.com/pub/agent.dll…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Thank you.

Also, does anyone know how I can purchase tickets to the VIP Viewing area of the Yas Hotel over the actual circuit? The Yas Hotel has referred me to the F1 website but they only mention the VIP Paddock. On that, has anyone been to the VIP Paddock @ Abu Dhabi, what's it like?

SOuth Africa
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Hi there,

Yes I've heard of them!! I went to Monaco in 2006 with them, flew over from South Africa and didn't get treated very well at all. The guy in charge emailed me and told me what I could see from my vantage point over the race and what I could actually see fell far short of the description. When I complained he denied it, luckily I had the emails with me - he then blew up and told me I was barred from the balcony without even an offer of any sort of refund. I reported him to the authorities in Monaco and France but have heard nothing, My advice would be not to touch them. Sorry if this isn't the news you were looking for but I don't want anyone else to be disappointed.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I don't know about this company but I prefer to cut out agents wherever possible. The situation with getting tickets on arrival was also the case in 2009 for overseas visitors. Even those (like me) who live locally and paid months in advance for courier delivery only got the tickets a week or so before the race.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

THANK YOU so much for your answer very much appreciated! Better to know in advance especially for the amount of money it will cost.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Hi Jenny, yes ,I would be carefull, especially if pickup at A'prt.

Didn't see no viewing area from Yas Hotel last year.

We are F1 followers, someone may have seen something more than us.

Go Webber and the Maroons.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

thank you

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

thomas cook do these packages, they use thomas cook sport!!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Thanks everyone

Bethesda, Maryland
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Agent for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Have you tried this web site?