We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightmare changes of Qatar Airways-now 8 hour wait at Doha

england uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Nightmare changes of Qatar Airways-now 8 hour wait at Doha

Hi

Has anyone else experienced a change from Qatar airway where they have cancelled connecting flights leaving a stopover of 8 hours?

Qatar dont care at all - I cant see how it is okay for them to change a non-changeable flight but I cant chagne it wihtout losing everything?

My family have now incurred costs of £800 ( hotel and unpaid leave) bu tno compensation - is there any other avenue I can try?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
155 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightmare changes of Qatar Airways-now 8 hour wait at Doha

I'm due to return from Dubai via Doha back to the UK in June. We were originally leaving Dubai at 00.15 to catch QR41 at 01.50 back to Manchester - however Qatar have since changed QR41 to a thrice weekly service from a daily service. They bumped us onto the later flight which would have left us with nearly 8 hours in the airport and I could not have coped with that. So this left me with the choice of either cutting my hols shorter by 24 hours or adding a day on. Chose to add on a day and Qatar were happy to move the whole return flight by 24 hours.

I feel for your predicament and wonder if you booked by credit card if you could claim under the section 75 rules which I am no expert on but might be worth a try?

england uk
Level Contributor
17 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightmare changes of Qatar Airways-now 8 hour wait at Doha

Thanks for sharing your experience - I will see what I can do. funnily enough I asked them if I could change my outward bound flight to one with a better connection, the response was no.

I will let you know how I get one

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightmare changes of Qatar Airways-now 8 hour wait at Doha

I think Qatar will get much better with time. Their customer service is not the best ! It's a risk you take for cheaper fares and they know this.

4. Re: Nightmare changes of Qatar Airways-now 8 hour wait at Doha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 00:15