We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
6 posts
Save Topic
Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

Hello, I am an Indian citizen currently living in Saudi Arabia (have a residence permit). I have a 8 hour transit on my way to Paris from Jeddah. Do I need to get a VISA from the Lebanese embassy for the transit? I am NOT planning to leave the international transit area.

Thanks in advance

103 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
71. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

Hi i am seamen having Indian passport.i am now in onboard in ship now in Syria.if I want to go home.if i need visa to transit from beruit airport to india.

2 posts
Save Reply
72. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

hi am seamen having Indian passport.now I am in Syria.if I need any visa to transit from beruit airport to india.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
Save Reply
73. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

visa not required:

- for those continuing their journey to a third country within 24 hours, provided holding confirmed onward tickets and all documents required for country of destination.

India
Level Contributor
66 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

Hi Gaby85 and many thanks for all the helpful info. I'm an Indian passport holder travelling from Amman to Dubai with a transit in Beirut. Have about 7 hours transit in Beirut & so was wondering if i could get a transit visa on landing there, exit the airport for about 4 hours and then make it back for my connecting flight to Dubai..?

I do not work in the UAE and am on a tourist visa

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
Save Reply
75. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

You can try and ask for a transit visa, but as far as I know they don't grant transit visa for Indian passport holders.

Best regards

Hyderabad, India
1 post
Save Reply
76. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

Dear Gaby,

We will be flying from Cyprus to Beirut(by 7.30 AM).

We are planning to take flight from Beirut to Hyderabad(India) at 11.30 AM the same day (Flydubai airlines with one stop at Dubai, it's a direct flight just layover at Dubai).

Do we need Lebanon Transit Visa?

Thanks

Vamsi

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
Save Reply
77. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

No, you don't need Lebanon transit visa

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
18 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

hi gabi, in an italian passport holder, i have an alitalia flight from rome fco to beirut which land at 2.00 and at 8.10 am i'll have to take another flight (MEA) to amman for spending a week in jordan and the week after i'll come back to beirut from Amman (MEA) for spending a long week end in lebbanon before flying back to rome, always with alitalia.

may i stay in the transit area without taking the visa?

have i to take the jordan visa before leaving or i can take it landing in amman?

thank you in advance for your support

Francesco

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
Save Reply
79. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

Hi Francesco,

At the Beirut airport you may stay in the transit area without getting a visa.

Italian passport holders are granted the Jordanian visa on arrival at Amman airport.

Best regards

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
18 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport

Hi Gaby, thanks for your answer, but what i forgot to tell you is that the 2 flights, alitalia and mea, are separated, so standing at what you say i have two chances:

- travel just with my hand baggage, doing the online check in for the mea flight and wait in the transit area;

- travel with a luggage to board, going through the custom controls, recover my luggage, do the check in with mea, and going out from lebbanon after few hours to jordan. in this case won't it be a problem gettin in in lebbanon after 6 days, true?

thanks a lot for your support

Francesco

Reply to: Airport Transit visa for transit at Beirut Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted