We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried abt August heat!

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
143 posts
57 reviews
Worried abt August heat!

Hello! Me and my husband are planning to visit Beirut for Eid break (4 days). Considering how hot summer has been this year, I am really dreading the weather. How hot is it right now?

We want to go to Mar Mikhael for partying atleast twice and possibly do some day trips to cooler areas.

Considering we will be there during eid break (Tuesday to Saturday afternoon), what days will be the best for pub hopping?

And which are the most picturesque and cool locations? Would rather want to do close-by areas than far off destinations.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
1. Re: Worried abt August heat!

August is the hottest month in Lebanon with temperature hovering around 30 degrees Celsius on the coast and 35 degrees Celsius in the mountains 1,000 m altitude.

Cooler locations would be mountains between 500 m and 1,000 m above sea level.

Best days to hop are on Fridays and Saturdays.

Best regards

Seattle
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Worried abt August heat!

The humidity along the coast will be a challenge but if you get into the mountains or Zahle in the Bekaa it won't be as bad. If you stay somewhere with a pool you might be happier. Lebanon is small enough that in my first visit my driver made it most of the way around the country north of Beirut in a day. But I prefer to take more time. There is more of a pub scene now than when I was there last so you will have to do your research on that. I lived in Hamra in Beirut and am told it is now a nightspot area in Beirut, which places many options into a compact area that is walkable.

Reply to: Worried abt August heat!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted