We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian in Beirut - recommendations please

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Vegetarian in Beirut - recommendations please

Hello, looking for some recommendations for a vegetarian (not vegan, dairy ok) in Beirut. I already know it will be a challenge especially since I don't eat seafood, but am hopeful.

Possibly staying near American University of Beirut or Raddison Blu Martinez if that helps.

TIA!

3 replies to this topic
Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Vegetarian in Beirut - recommendations please

My wife and I just came back from Lebanon for a 10-day trip and as non-vegetarians we ate far less meat during those 10 days than we did in the previous month, as most places we went to (and the hotels we stayed at), most of the dishes were without meat. So, instead we ate tons of:-

- hummus

- tabbouleh

- baba ghanoush

- Manakish (Lebanese pizza)

- Fattoush

all with either Lebanese thin bread or rice pilaf.

Usually, they serve these with a bowl of fresh salads (lettuce, red radish, cucumbers, spring onions, chili, etc.).

So I don't think you'd have any problems over there.

Hope this helps.

Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Beirut
Level Contributor
481 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Vegetarian in Beirut - recommendations please

most of the Lebanese mezza is vegetarian , from the salads to the dips, and even some main courses.

Seattle
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Vegetarian in Beirut - recommendations please

It should be very, very easy to eat as a vegetarian in Lebanon. Lots of non meat options. That does not mean its teaming with boutique vegetarian restaurants, much of the Mediterranean diet is meatless. On the other hand, being a serious vegan could be a challenge.

Reply to: Vegetarian in Beirut - recommendations please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted