We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top sites in Beirut

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Top sites in Beirut

Hi there

I'm visiting the Lebanon at the end of September for 9 days with my partner. We have 4 day trips organised to see some of the must see sights, having covered the ones I was desperate to see. So have around 4 days to relax within beirut itself. Could i ask for any suggestions what we should not miss. We both are really interested in ancient and recent Lebanese history, culture, local cuisine (love food🙂). Any restaurant recommendations most welcome, buget: mid range type but happy to pay top dollar for a real treat

So looking forward to our visit

Thanks

Jen

9 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
1. Re: Top sites in Beirut

make sure you visit mleeta Landmark, baalbek, Jeita Grotto, Tripoli, Sidon. those are the places i loved the most when i was in lebanon.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
88 posts
172 reviews
2. Re: Top sites in Beirut

Please take some time while in Beirut to visit our National Museum. It is definitely worth your time. You can also visit the Roman Baths in the Downtown area (and walk around there too). A visit to Sorsouk Museum can also be an enjoyable way to spend the day. As for food, you can visit the Gemmayze area and/or Mar Mikhael area. There are a ton of good places to eat there with almost every cuisine covered (from Lebanese at Enab to Mexican at El Mexicano to Italian at Tavolina to Sushi at Mitsu-ya just to name a few places). And there are a few places around that do good wraps (like Zaatar w Zeit, Sandwich w Noss, etc, if you're into grabbing a quick bite and just walking around the area). Again, those of but a few suggestions. I am sure others can point out a few other places to visit/see/eat at. Enjoy your stay :)

Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Beirut
Level Contributor
487 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Top sites in Beirut

stroll the Beirut corniche in the pm , its a 15 km walk.

North Carolina, USA
Level Contributor
71 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Top sites in Beirut

Do NOT miss the National Museum. Also - Jbeil is amazing, especially if you are a history buff. It's truly a timeline of civilization. Just arrange for a tour guide in advance. Sometimes there isn't a guide on site, and you really need one to get the full story of all the relics. We've been multiple times, and still get a guide every time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Top sites in Beirut

Thanks Sarah

Am visiting most of your suggestion but hadn’t planned the mleeta landmark but having ready up about it, it does sound well worth a visit

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Top sites in Beirut

Najai thank you I will def take up these suggestions, really appreciate your post, I’m sure I will have a great time. So much to see

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Top sites in Beirut

Rogerk that sounds like a great way to spend some time and I’m sure there’s a chance to have some fab seafood on the way🙂

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Top sites in Beirut

Marsher you ve sold the museum to me, thanks for you’re suggestions too

9. Re: Top sites in Beirut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2018, 14:00

Reply to: Top sites in Beirut
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted