We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holiday to beirut

Eldridge, Iowa
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
Family holiday to beirut

We are visiting Lebanon from USA for one week in March 2019. Our children will be 11 and 14 with typical finicky American kid appetit. I am really excited to eat my way through Lebanon including mezza and hole in the wall type manouche, knaifi and falafal type joints.

I know there are American fast food places but I was wondering if teens/preteens are welcome in the many pubs which appear to serve delicious food. Also, what options are there for a picky kid to eat at a traditional mezza establishment while my wife and I enjoy the flavors? Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
North Carolina, USA
Level Contributor
62 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Family holiday to beirut

My picky kid survived on french fries, available everywhere. You'll also find hamburgers most places. And if you must, there are plenty of American fast food places.

(The good news is that said picky child grew up and is now a huge Lebanese food fan.)

Eldridge, Iowa
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Family holiday to beirut

Good to know they might learn to appreciate good food one day!

Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Family holiday to beirut

Most pubs will allow your kids in, don't worry. Age restrictions in Lebanon are much more lighter than ones in the USA, so you should be fine.

Eldridge, Iowa
Level Contributor
62 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: Family holiday to beirut

Thanks for that clarification. That should help a lot.

Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Beirut
Level Contributor
475 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Family holiday to beirut

Children love the cheese rolls and spinach filled pastry, stuffed Kibbeh, along with french fries , all part of the Mezze

Reply to: Family holiday to beirut
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted