We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?

Baja, Hungary
2 posts
Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?

Hi guys,

We're planning on maybe going to Israel this summer for a short time then for maybe up to a month in Lebanon later in the summer / early fall. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with AirBnB hosts reacting negatively to a guest having a review from an Israeli host? I'd book an Airbnb for both Israel and Lebanon. Not sure what the host sees, but I don't want to upset anyone / lose out on good accommodation. Any thoughts? Do you think I could run into issues if I book both at the same time then the Lebanese host later sees a review from an Israeli host or am I overthinking this?

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
153 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?

You’re overthinking.

The only thing that is going to happen is your host trash talking israel and telling you about the daily occupation and hostilities this terrorist state does.

Beirut, Beyrouth...
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?

Nothing to worry about, i run several airbnb apartments in Beirut, and many of visitors had visited Israel before.

We hate Israel, but we cannot forbid people from visiting it, and boycott those people as well.

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Connemara, The Burren, Galway, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
101 reviews
3. Re: Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?

I did both Israel (Jerusalem and Tel Aviv) and Lebanon (Beirut) using AirBnB and no issues or problems whatsoever.

Edited: 01 June 2018, 08:46
Argentina
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?

Sadly as you can see from posts above, Lebanese people have a hatred of the Jewish state, despite their own country's support for terrorism.

I've used Airbnbs in Haifa and Tel Aviv, as well as Beirut and encountered no problems. You'll just get the common fake bile about how bad Israel is, but it's easily ignored.

Enjoy your trips.

Deptford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?

oh gosh i dont think airbnb hosts would get political.. they just want their guests to be happy and get good reviews. all of the ones i have met so far in lebanon are super nice and friendly..

Reply to: Any experience with Airbnb in Lebanon after Israel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beirut