We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeita Grotto how to get there

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
129 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Jeita Grotto how to get there

Hey,

I will be a daytrip first Harissa, Our Lady of Lebanon and then Jeita Grotto. Do you know an easy way for this route? I see there is a teleferique for Harissa , but i am not sure for Jeita Grotto cable car/funicular/teleferique. Do you have any idea?

And, second question Is Byblos remarkable place? Do you strongly recommend ? I will have 48 hours and I am not sure to go to Byblos.

Thanks,

3 replies to this topic
Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeita Grotto how to get there

Jeita Grotto, the shrine of Our Lady of Lebanon in Harissa and Byblos can all be visited in a single day trip from Beirut.

Busses and shared taxis don't go to Jeita Grotto.

If you don't like to use the services of a tour operator, hire a taxi from your hotel in Beirut to Jeita Grotto tell the taxi driver to wait for you till you finish exploring around two hours the Grotto, proceed to Jounieh to the teleferique to take a cable car up to the 600 m above the sea level shrine of "Our Lady of Lebanon" in Harissa for a panoramic sea and mountain view, explore for one hour then return with the cable car to Jounieh.

You have the choice depending on your time either to continue to Byblos or to come back to Beirut.

But I recommend you to visit Byblos since it will take around 4-5 hours to visit the Phoenician ruins and the harbor, the Roman amphitheater and the Crusader castle and the old souk.

Jeita Grotto closes on Mondays and opens daily at 9 a.m.

Best regards

Edited: 08 September 2017, 15:51
Beirut
Level Contributor
919 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeita Grotto how to get there

Hi Cancnt,

As for byblos it is highly recommended and you can make it as an evening trip if you won't spare a day for it, it can be easily combined with Jeita if you are hiring a day driver, Byblos has a nice castle, a wax museum, a beautiful bazaar, a wide variety of restaurants, bars, coffee shops some by the bazaar and others on the port overlooking the sea.

Enjoy your trip

Inaya

Beirut, Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Beirut
Level Contributor
411 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeita Grotto how to get there

you can do all the above in 1 day, they are pretty close to each other if you have a mean of transportation.

Reply to: Jeita Grotto how to get there
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beirut