We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber from the Airport?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Uber from the Airport?

I'm just wondering if anyone has used Uber from the airport into the city. I'm visiting later this week and would like to use them, but I know it can be difficult to get a driver to the airport sometimes in various cities.

Thanks for your help!

Andrea

14 replies to this topic
Williamsburg...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Uber from the Airport?

Uber is the way to go. The taxi drivers at the airport are horribly corrupt. If anything, Uber makes a driver more honest as there are means to address grievances.

Over Christmas holiday, Uber from my flat to the terminal was 3.7 BD. On return, took airport taxi, the meter clearly said 4.5 and he indicated he didn't have change for a 20 and he pocketed it, 'for Christmas'.

Why didn't I report it? Who the he'll was I going to report it to? How long was I going to waste on the report? How much was it going to be negated by the fact that I don't speak Arabic and am not an Arab.

Unless you're Saudi or Bahraini, the authorities don't give a crap.

2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Uber from the Airport?

Seacave13 Totally disagree with your post. Whole heartedly. I have been using Ubers in Bahrain for a year now. Never a hassle, never a bother, always friendly drivers. Always good cars.

Every time, and I mean every time I am forced to use a normal taxi it ends up in a fight. No meters running, overcharging on the initial pickup fee, rude, taking the long route and expecting a huge tip. These arab taxi drivers are the scum of the earth around here.

If your taxi has the sign 'no meter no fee', insist on it. Don't fall whatever you think line. They have a fit but don't pay them a single fils. It's the law

Mentioned in this post
Bahrain
Bahrain
Middle East
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Uber from the Airport?

Honestly, next time grab your bags and walk away or call the cops. These scumbags get away with too much

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
34 posts
405 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Uber from the Airport?

I used Uber last night from the airport. I waited until I was through security before ordering and there was a 15 minute wait for the driver to arrive. This was around 11pm on a Friday local time. However he stopped right outside the arrival door, the car was clean, he was friendly and could speak good English and the price was fixed, easily charged to my card. Plenty of seatin available in arrivals while you wait.

Reading the horror stories here is definitely the way to go!

Edited: 11 November 2017, 09:54
Reply to: Uber from the Airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted