We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abaya

Al Jubail, Saudi...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Abaya

Where can I get the traditional abaya? Preferably a mid range abaya not the uber expensive ones sold in the malls:)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,647 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Abaya

Hi,

If you are in Jubail why don't you ask around there. I can ask some questions on your behalf.

I shall send you a personal message if I find out anything.

Al Jubail, Saudi...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Abaya

I've been to the Ladies Market in Jubail & Dammam, was just looking for something that is different from what they offer here.

Thanx for trying to help btw!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,647 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Abaya

Hi,

Apparently, the traditional ones are black with no thrills. They can purchased for 130 to 200 riyals. Sorry I can't help more. Good luck in finding something.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
890 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Abaya

Muharraq souk is a good starting point. Lots of little shops there, else BCC has a lot of upmarket stores.

Dubai, Dubai...
2 posts
5. Re: Abaya

please visit www.onlineabaya.com and make purchase online. Free home delivery any where in saudi.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Abaya

The Souk behind Bab Al Bahrain has lots of reasonably priced abayas

Al Jubail, Saudi...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Abaya

thanx for the info. Will definitely check out the souq:)

uk
1 post
8. Re: Abaya

Hey www.easternopulence.com have some gorgeous abayas and they can make one specifically for you at your budget (i've have a few made cos i don't like the horrible imported ones or the crazy prices they charge for a half decent one in the gulf!).. have fun looking!

9. Re: Abaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Bahrain