We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there chlorine in the tap water?

Västerås
8 posts
1 review
Is there chlorine in the tap water?

HI,

My wife and I are moving to Bahrain in a couple of months. My wife is allegic to chlorine. My wife has broken out in a rash in various countries due to the chlorinated water.

How is the tap water in Bahrain? Is it heavily chlorinated?

Thank you!

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
1. Re: Is there chlorine in the tap water?

No. The tap water is just chemically treated.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
869 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: Is there chlorine in the tap water?

Hello, No one in bahrain drinks water from the tap. We all use bottled water even at home and also for cooking. Does your wife have allergies from contact (washing etc) or ingesting?

We get here mineral water bottled by coke- al manal and also by nestle in the 20 galllon cans.

Västerås
8 posts
1 review
3. Re: Is there chlorine in the tap water?

It is nice to hear that there is no Chlorine in the tap water. But what does it mean that the water is chemically treated?

My wife is allergic to contact with all water treated with chlorine. We understand that we can not drink the tap water, but we are concerned about the showers ect.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
869 posts
70 reviews
4. Re: Is there chlorine in the tap water?

The tap water here is not heavily chlorinated(no smell/taste etc),but I imagine that chlorine plays some part in the purification process).

We cannot judge how sensitive your wife is. Am not sure what alternative she would have if she is here and allergic. Bathe with drinking/cooking water?

FYI - in Bahrain, also cooking water is available- cheaper than drinking, but less treated and supplied by huge water tankers.

Maastricht, The...
Level Contributor
15 posts
108 reviews
5. Re: Is there chlorine in the tap water?

Would expect no chlorine : water sources are somewhat brackish wells that's blended with potable water produced from seawater (. membrane , flash-evaporation)

6. Re: Is there chlorine in the tap water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bahrain