We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

London
5 posts
Save Topic
Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Hi , I am Spanish but living in the UK and I will be in Bahrain for 10 days to see a friend who lives there. Any important tips? I have been in the Bahrain embassy in the uk and they told me no problems at all as I can pay for the visa without problems on my arrival to the airport. Can I use my cards in Bahrain ? Europen Mobile networks work there ? Is it dangerous for a girl? Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

I went to Bahrain about 6 months ago - my memory is not so good Ahh

But yes, you pay for your visa at the airport - need dinars. It was about £10, I think. We bought some dinars at Heathrow - rubbish exchange rate, not recommended, but there is a cash point at the airport before passport control.

Our UK phone worked OK - no problem. and ATMs worked fine.

I think Bahrain is a safe country and you will have a friend with you.

Enjoy, great place.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Lots of single ladies out and about in Bahrain - no worries.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Thanks a lot. So , I will pay the visa when get there. Why didnt u have a good experience ? Thanks

London
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Great , thanks a lot!!! So , I will be relaxed then and will buy the visa when get to the airport. I also went to the bahrain embassy in London and they told me it is great! Even to buy it there in the airport!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Hola Golpe,

Come estas? As DBX and Tilly commented, Bahrain is very safe for the most part. Been there many times. Still take some precaution when required. Bahrainis are polite and welcoming. Enjoy Bahrain.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Thanks a lot! Feel more relaxed when hear your comments.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Just in case you have any doubts for visa you can obtain it in advance from their evisa site. I am travelling there on Nov 21-25 and am planning on applying online on Nov 10. That way I dont need to have carry any local currency/dollars and can speed through immigration controls. The evisa is only valid 30 days from issue though. Enjoy your trip!

Jake.

Edited: 24 October 2010, 21:53
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

You can't really speed through the immigration - must queue with everyone else - the immigration officers deal also with visas at the same time as passport control. It's quite quick / And the visa given is for 3 months (employment prohibited). But you do need local currency.

London
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

Ok cool. So , it is better to change the money before going there. I will change it in the UK . Thanks

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spanish girl , first time travelling to Bahrain , any tips ?

I agree. I was a little loose in my wording. I just meant that having the visa before hand would save time at the immigration counter.