We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine

birmingham
Level Contributor
12 posts
41 reviews
27 helpful votes
Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

Me and my family will be travelling to the Maldives from the UK via Bahrain early next year. Yesterday we got an email from Gulf air stating we had to pay for a PCR test on arrival. It also mentioned isolating for 10 days, wasn't clear if this was needed if you were only connecting.

Does anyone know if you need to isolate for 10 days even when connecting?

33 replies to this topic
Riffa, Bahrain
Level Contributor
561 posts
34 reviews
78 helpful votes
1. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

There is no PCR test if you are transit passengers and remain in the airport. This is excluding the test you will do to get on the airplane in the first place.

If you exit, you will pay 60 BD for a test and have to self isolate for a day until the results come out. If you stay for 10 days, then you will have to take a second test (no need to pay for that one).

1 post
2. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

Hi we are travelling to Pakistan via Bahrain a connecting flight are there special recommended centre to get a par test before travelling

email nadeemtm@yahoo.com

Riffa, Bahrain
Level Contributor
561 posts
34 reviews
78 helpful votes
3. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

In Bahrain, any private hospital is fine as these are all mandated by MOH and linked to their systems.

1 post
1 review
4. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

Hi,

Does gulf air still require you to show COvid test result at check in if the destination country does not require a test?

is there any gulf airline requirement to display test results before boarding?

Riffa, Bahrain
Level Contributor
561 posts
34 reviews
78 helpful votes
5. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

As far as I know, no. But you might want to call them and check as things can change.

FFS
Al Khobar, Saudi...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

Hello everyone,

I would like to get some information on what the current norms are for returning to Saudi via the King Fahad Causeway if I take a flight from India to Bahrain. Are we allowed to do so ? If yes, what are the current protocols in place - testing, quarantine etc. ?

My Details: Indian passport holder, Saudi Resident (Iqama holder), living in Khobar, valid exit-re-entry visa from Saudi.

Thank you !

Riffa, Bahrain
Level Contributor
561 posts
34 reviews
78 helpful votes
7. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

As far as I know, Indians need to stay in a GCC country for 14 days before they are allowed to enter.

After that, for the causeway, you need to have a test done within 72 hours prior to entry. Causeway is open, I am doing the run between Bahrain and Riyadh every two weeks (not Indian).

FFS
Al Khobar, Saudi...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

Thank you for the response.

I am aware of this 14 days stay requirement if travelling via UAE. Some people known to me went through the same procedure.

I'm not sure if the same applies to travel via Bahrain (causeway). Didn't hear of any personal experiences so far.

Riffa, Bahrain
Level Contributor
561 posts
34 reviews
78 helpful votes
9. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

It would apply on every port of entry into Saudi. I saw some Indian nationals on my last trip in and the immigration officer was flipping through the passport trying to reconcile the dates on the stamp.

4 posts
10. Re: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Save

Hello. How many hours the PCR result on arrival usually come out?

Reply to: Transit / PCR Test / Quarantine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bahrain
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.