We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport options around Manama; rouse taxi?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
44 reviews
Public transport options around Manama; rouse taxi?

I'll be in Manama for just a few hours on a cruise stop on 11 February. I understand that the cruise port is at Khalifa Bin Salman port, that this is a commercial (goods) port, and that therefore cruise passengers can't just wander around it. That's OK - I'm sure that my cruise line (P&O) will be running shuttle buses into Manama. However, I don't know where they will run to, although it's generally some central point. Anyone have any ideas where that might be?

My plan is to try and visit the Bahrain National Museum. Is there likely to be public transport options from wherever the P&O shuttle drop-off point is, or would a taxi be the best bet?

2 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Public transport options around Manama; rouse taxi?

(That should be "or use taxi?" in the post title!)

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Public transport options around Manama; rouse taxi?

The cruise company usually provides a drop off to a central location in Bahrain -quite often the bab Al Bahrain Souk area - a central located traditional market.

From there you can catch a taxi or use Uber to go to tourist sites of your choice.

Reply to: Public transport options around Manama; rouse taxi?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted