We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to bahrain what to wear?

Berkshires...
1 post
Save Topic
going to bahrain what to wear?

hi guys,i am leaving very soon to Bahrain and I am concern about the dress code out there I was wondering if anyone have been in Bahrain in 2017? how do woman dress there? do they have a lot tourist ?what should I wear? what kind of clothes should I bring with me? I cant hide my shape because I have curves ? helppppp

Mentioned in this post
Bahrain
Bahrain
Middle East
3 replies to this topic
Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to bahrain what to wear?

There is no reason to be concerned about the dress code. You can wear what you want to wear - the way people dress in Europe is probably closest. If you're American, just don't wear tiny shorts with the bottom of your butt cheeks on display and there's no reason for in-your-face cleavage. No worries about hiding your shape. The average Bahraini woman is plenty curvaceous and they walk tall and proud. Other residents - arab and non-arab dress well, wear clothes that fit well and since it's the Gulf, women wear make-up like it's costume or halloween everyday. This is a cosmopolitan country and people are warm and liberal for the most part.

Bahrain
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to bahrain what to wear?

No need to worry about your dressing. You can wear what you want. Just wear modestly. On public beaches you have to be a little covered up coz bikinis are not allowed. Private beaches you can do or wear whatever you like. Bahrain is tourist welcoming country and we would like to welcome you.

Mentioned in this post
Bahrain
Bahrain
Middle East
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
34 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: going to bahrain what to wear?

As a U.K. tourist here currently I'd say you've nothing to be worried about! Don't do anything common sense tells you is inappropriate, especially around religious areas, and you'll fit in fine.

Reply to: going to bahrain what to wear?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted