We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashura 2017

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Topic
Ashura 2017

Hi there,

I'm planning to visit Bahrain specially for thé Ashura day event this year.

I know there is a mourning event in the night of Sep.29 and a blood shed event in the day time of Sep.30.

My question is, when do they hold the event in the night? My flight arrives by 19:10pm, is that too late?

And do I need to find a local guide?

Thanks,

Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ashura 2017

Not at all late, th mourning remains the whole night until the bloodshed in the following day.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ashura 2017

Thank you my friend! That's really good news for me!

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ashura 2017

Events on the evening of the 29th usually last the whole day with a short break in the morning. Early morning the other day approximately at 6 am the bloodshsed starts.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ashura 2017

Thanks Mohammed!

It seems I'll have a whole night to experience the atmosphere there.

Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ashura 2017

Yes, and i recommend you to blend with the locals and tell them that you want to experience the event. They will be really happy to host you !

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ashura 2017

You can and visit as per your plan, stay at Seef ... may be At Ramee Grand which is out of Manama

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ashura 2017

Thanks Kumar, that's very useful information!

8. Re: Ashura 2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2018, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Bahrain