We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transit visa

Save Topic
transit visa

i am planning to travel greece from india. my flight is via bahrain. my layover is 12 hr at the bahrain airport. so, is transit visa required for 12 hr layover at bahrain airport? i do not want to leave bahrain airport. so please suggest me is transit visa required for me?

10 replies to this topic
Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transit visa

If you do not leave the airport you would not require any visa

Save Reply
2. Re: transit visa

Is there any time limit for layover without transit visa?

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
2,679 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transit visa

Not aware of any from the airport. The airlines may have some policy on this.

Pune, India
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transit visa

Dharam, same is my situation. I am guessing you are traveling from Gulf Air -> The Gulf Air agent mentioned that for more than 8 hours you require transit visa (not sure). They have facility to pay 55$ in advance and in that you get transit Visa + Hotel Stay + Food + Airport transfer.

I am not too keen on spending 55$ -> But if there is no option then I can think. Please let me know if you get more info

Staines, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: transit visa

I spoke to Gulf Air, and they say that you are eligible for the 55$ option only if there is no connecting flight before your flight. For me the layover is 14 hrs at Bahrain while returning from Greece (Athens-Bahrain-Mumbai), and there is a connecting flight before my flight which has now rocket shot and I cant afford to buy that. Just wanted to know will the Bahrain airport allow me to stay in the transit area for 14 hours without a visa ? Plz suggest what I should do.

Edited: 21 April 2017, 11:47
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transit visa

The only problem with Bahrain eVisa is they asking to book the ticket and then rejecting it without reason. The NPRA should change this policy if ultimately they are going to reject visa. Its better not to apply for eVisa because some person sitting in the issuing authority may be doesn't like your face or your religion or your name or your nationality. If you still intend to go to Bahrain its better to apply via embassy, there are more chances it will be approved via embassy. This is coming from an Indian Muslim who is a qualified Civil Engineer and my visa was rejected even after I fulfilled all the document conditions.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: transit visa

Hi ,in week couple of weeks i will be travel to Turkey via stop over in Bahrain 2 hours ,in connecting flight do i need to carry the luggage or it will be transferred to other craft automatically.?

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transit visa

Assuming the trip is on one ticket- all checked in luggage should be transferred to your final destination

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: transit visa

I have a question. I'm travelling from the UK to Nepal on December 7th. I've so far booked a flight as far as Bahrain, as it's cheapest (by a long way) to book all my connecting flights individually. I'm a UK passport holder and would ideally like to spend around 36 hours in Bahrain, is it possible to get a transit visa in the airport which allows me to leave for that amount of time? Cheers

Surat Thani...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: transit visa

if you want to stay in the airport you can stay in transit area as long as you want (more 8 hours) for free, without any visa. and your luggage will be transferred to other craft automatically. but if you want go to outside you can take visa-hotel-transfer gulfair55usd (but I think it better if you need to sleep in Bahrein, do it before because in the airport it will 80usd). or you can go outside by yourself. visa 5 dinar (15 usd), the bus is number A1, A2, 10 - 0,3 dinars (~1usd)

Reply to: transit visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bahrain
Recent Conversations