I am planning to go to Umrah beginning of March 2015 with my wife and 4 year old son. Here are few concerns/questions I would like to ask if someone can help me with.
1) I'll be landing at Jeddah aiprort about 9 PM, so I'm confused about whether to go to Makkah first and do Umrah, or go to Medina first and stay for 3 days and then come to Makkah? Because after a long journey it will be tough for us to do Umrah straightaway after reaching Makkah especially with a child ?
2) If I plan to go to Makkah immediately after landing, I'll be in state of ihram, so will it be possible for us to take a 2-3 hour rest/sleep to gain energy and then perform Umrah later in the night? sleeping is allowed in ihram??
3) If we do Umrah late in the night around Tahajjud time, will there be any barbers available at that time, or I have to wait until morning?
4) Do hotels in Makkah/Medina allow late night check-ins? I assume so because the pilgrims must be arriving at any point of the day or night so, do hotels actually stick to their checkin/checkout times or show some flexibility?
5) If I decide to leave for Medina soon after landing in Jeddah, it will be 4/5 hour journey as I can imagine? Is it safe to travel late in the night with a family (between 10 PM-2 AM) ?
6) What are the charges for a taxi from Jeddah to Medina and Medina to Makkah? Like we are small family of 3 people so will it matter if we take a small taxi, so the price will be low, or the number of people doesn't matter?
Thanks in advance