We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

Which Mecca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

Salam,

Just wanted feedback whether booking hotels online is safe and reliable in KSA?

Im planning Umrah visit in July InshAllah and was interested in Dar Tauheed Intercontinental - partly because they have their own site in which to book online and they say rooms are available.

Should I book from this website or is this other websites out there which can gurantee rooms? I find website to website it is inaccurate and prefer to book through the hotels online website.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

Online booking for the 5 star hotels is perfectly safe and reliable, However, you may get a better deal if you telephone and ask for their lowest rates, mention your company (for any corporate discount) etc and then followup by email/fax to confirm the booking. You can choose Haram view, adjoining room etc

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Just wondering since you seem like an expert which hotel you recommend.

I will be travelling myself just before Ramadan and prefer to stay close to haram although wouldn't mind if it is walking distance (10mins max)

I was looking at abt $150USD per night max - places like Hilton, Intercontinental look too expensive especially since it is before Ramadan.

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

I am no expert :)

During Ramadhan it will be almost impossible to get a decent hotel at that price. The rates go astronomical especially for the last 10 days. If you book well in advance you might be able to lock in to reasonable rate.

Try Makkah Towers +966 2 571 5555

There are a lot of new hotels/apartments along the Safwa/Marwa area and these normally offer good rates.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
127 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

Makkah Towers is beside ZamZam suites isnt it?

I went to hajj last year and stayed in Zam Zam.

Just trying to remember whether Makkah Towers was near Hilton or not.

My only worry is that I book online and arrive their and they refuse to let me in and also due to communication problem (would prefer if english/urdu is spoken).

And Yess you are right abt the prices for the hotels during Ramadan but I am still surprised that places like Hilton are over 200USD even in off peak times - that means almost 800-900USD a night during Ramadan!

All I am looking for is a place to sleep in the night that is walking distance to the Haram.

I have previously stayed in AL-Shohada but am impressed at the close by hotels near the haram but am finding difficulty in trying to find places to book online.

Any contact details will be greatly appreciated.

Salams

Frankfurt, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

Flyhajj.com offers different hotels and apartments (also private accommodation) in Mecca and Madina. You could probably have a look and make a telephonic contact with the people creating those postings. The hotel rates usually differ depending on the time of year and duration of your stay! These postings are related to Hajj and Umrah travel though!

http://flyhajj.com/categories/1/1

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

"also due to communication problem (would prefer if english/urdu is spoken)."

I think that urdu is more widely spoken in Makkah & Madinah than maybe even arabic, due to the high number of pakistani & bangladeshi workers & visitors there

Edited: 30 June 2010, 13:36
7. Re: Booking Makkah or Madinah hotels onlines for Umrah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Mecca
Recent Conversations