We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermain Train?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Hermain Train?

Hi, i am travelling for umrah by 10 May and a friend guided we have a train service from Medina to Mecca back and forth.

Anyone here have experienced travelling by such train?

Do i need to book tickets in advance?

Kaaba
Architectural Buildings
Grand Mosque
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Safa to Marwa
Points of Interest & Landmarks
50 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
1. Re: Hermain Train?

It is not up and running at the moment.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2. Re: Hermain Train?

Thanks Nazia

Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Hermain Train?

Get the Saptco VIP coach from Makkah to Madinah. It's safe and comfortable takes 4.5 hours

London, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
4. Re: Hermain Train?

hiraakhtar88

Train on this route was not available till last year however there might be any update.

Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Hermain Train?

Apparently the tickets for the new train from Makkah to Madinah will be approx 150 SAR for economy and over 300 SAR for their more luxurious class of travel.

The Madinah Station is approximately 10 km away at best 15-20 minutes drive to Masjid Nabawi. I would say it is in more of a remote location with just a few shops nearby and close to an Al Baik !! I reckon taxi drivers will have more of the upper hand when setting the fare from here

Abu Dhabi, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Hermain Train?

The Harmain Train is not started yet and you need to take taxi or bus from Makkah to Medinah. Private taxi is better but be careful they will ask you more and you have to bargain with them, recently I have travelled from Medinah to Makkah with my parents on a private Toyota Camry for 350 Saudi riyals, It takes about 4 and half hours. If you are alone then in front of Hiton suits and Hyatt Regency Makkah you can get a sharing taxi for 70 riyals. SAPCO VIP bus will charge you 110 riyals.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
74 reviews
7. Re: Hermain Train?

There are lots of initiatives starting up, spearheaded by the Saudi crown prince, to wean the country off its reliance on petrol. A pleasant byproduct of that could be more trains. So, we may see this elusive Haramain train service quite soon.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8. Re: Hermain Train?

InshAllah. Thanks everyone for updating. We will go for the VIP Bus Service better

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
125 posts
98 reviews
9. Re: Hermain Train?

Assalamu Alaikum how do I book the SAPTCO train tickets? From where in Mecca do they depart? Jazakallah

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: Hermain Train?

@ hasanayn114

I think it's still not operational yet unless it's started without any publicity cos I haven't heard any more about it. You'll have to stick to buses & coaches.

Reply to: Hermain Train?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mecca