We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

I am planning to travel with my parents for Hajj 2018 insha Allah.

Looking for a 5 star package, non shifting, near to the Haram, direct flights, two weeks duration or slightly over and it needs to shared accommodation for the three of us (mum, dad, and myself) ... struggling to choose a reputable operator at the moment.

Travelling from Swindon, Wiltshire - so London based hajj operators appear to be our best option so far. If you have personally used an operator you can recommend that would be very helpful. Jzk in advance.

Kaaba
Architectural Buildings
Grand Mosque
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Safa to Marwa
Points of Interest & Landmarks
42 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
11. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

Jzk, I appreciate your advice

London, United...
1 post
12. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

According to my experienced one best company which has impressed me very much is Labbaik Hajj Umrah whose services are very good and they give us five star hotels near Masjid-Al-Haram. They provide Hajj Packages at fair rates. So if you are planning Hajj this year then Labbaik Hajj Umrah is best choice. The address of company is https://www.labbaikhajjumrah.co.uk

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
13. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

Hi PrestonGuild

When booking for your Hajj or Umrah trip, make sure it is with an authorised agent. They must be registered with Atol and the Ministry of Hajj & Umrah (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).

https:/…

As per Shamz782 contribution, please note Quba Travel is not on the authorised list.

As per syed a contribution, please note both Qalaam and Dar Es Salaam travel are not on the list.

Even the UK government website advises the use of authorised agents

https:/…pilgrimage

If you don’t use an approved travel agent, or get a valid visa and permit, you may risk immediate deportation, detention, a fine or a ban on future travel to Saudi Arabia.

You should confirm the full itinerary for your pilgrimage before departure. The British Embassy receives a large number of requests for help in relation to disputes and dissatisfaction with tour operators.

Manchester
10 posts
14. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

Hi

we are planning to go this year 2018 too! Insha'aAllah!

I recommend taqwatravels

They offer 2 weeks and 3-4 weeks packages

We are a group of 4 for 3 weeks so benefit from paying £5500 each.

This includes hotels close to both the AlHarem and in Medina too.

We will benefit from lectures by scholars of al-Madīnah University and learn those aspects of Islam which we might have missed if we were not present in the company of these knowledgeable people

European tents in Mina with sofa, bed, pillow, blanket, including full board in Arafat (VIP air conditioned tents) inclusive of full board

Give them a try! they have early bird deals on right now

London, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
145 reviews
15. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

Hi what was it like staying in Azizia apartments? Is there any packages available where you can avoid this?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
35 reviews
16. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

Yazzy

Go for a 'non-shifting' package which means you stay in the same hotel in Makkah.

'Shifting pacjage' involves moving out to Aziziyah.

It suits some but not for me.

Most packagescare 'non shifting'.

Good luck

Edited: 17 May 2018, 11:32
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
17. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

Quick Update we are considering Afta Tours for Hajj 2018 has anyone else been with them for Hajj?... What was your experience like?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
18. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

The European Union (EU) Package Travel Directive has made Hajj bookings better as Hajj goers who book hotels and flights from different firms but via a single travel intermediary will now get the same protection as those buying traditional package holidays.

Package holidaymakers are both financially and legally covered if things go wrong but those who book different elements of their hajj/umrah separately have been less well protected.

However be warned that if you are asked to pay separately for flights and accommodation, it is likely you won't get any extra protection.

Wakefield, United...
11 posts
19. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

The Al-Shafqat Hajj travel agency based in Mere Road, Spinney Hills, Leicester was dishonestly operating with business stationary displaying the symbols of the Air Travel Organisers Licence (ATOL) and also the International Air Transport Association (IATA).

The company, which has since closed, was running tours for pilgrimages to Mecca, about which the city council’s trading standards department received some complaints. All three defendants admitted fraud Rafa Shafqat Hussain (62), Raja Akeel Hussain (31) and Khuram Shahzad (30)

Wakefield, United...
11 posts
20. Re: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please

Last year Birmingham was the hotspot for Hajj fraud so Birmingham Trading Standards have some advice

https:/…hajj_and_umrah_packages

In 2017, the average reported loss to victims was £5,869, so make sure it's not you

Reply to: Hajj 2018 - personal recommendations only please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted