We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umrah 2018

2 posts
Umrah 2018

Assalamualaikum, I am planning on going to umrah in April 2018 there will be 9 of us going diy InshaAllah.

I having started checking hotel prices and 90% off hotels are showing as reserved on my dates is this normal as there are still plenty of hotels available for Ramadan this year. Maybe it's just too early to book can someone advice me, will be grateful Jazak'Allah Khair.

Kaaba
Sacred & Religious Sites
Grand Mosque
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Safa to Marwa
Points of Interest & Landmarks
84 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
592 posts
51. Re: Umrah 2018

mhussain1964

kmferranti

for the hotels you can search online or follow some threads available on TA to find cheaper hotels and for Umrah visa i would suggest to search for Dawn travel in New York they are reliable agents for umrah visa and you can take advice for hotels as well,

May God Help you in finding a better way, JZK.

Cairo, Egypt
1 post
52. Re: Umrah 2018

ok i have a few questions regarding umrah. i am a US citizen residing in Egypt and I would like to make umrah from e.gypt. one problem, my tourist visa has expired. can i still apply for saudi visa like this? Also this is my first time planning a trip, can anyone offer any advice on how to go about it? Thanks

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
35 reviews
53. Re: Umrah 2018

Statuesque.

So you are currently an overstayer in Egypt on an expired tourist visa?

Probably need to resolve that issue before applying for an Umrah visa

London, United...
Level Contributor
592 posts
54. Re: Umrah 2018

statuesque27

you cannot get an Umrah visa from Egypt on Tourist visa,

in any country if you want to get an umrah visa you must have to provide them with a residency proof and if you are National of that country then you don't need to prove your residency.

Luton, United...
1 post
55. Re: Umrah 2018

Yes you are right,

If you need to book hotels online for April (Easter Holidays) you need to be booked as early as possible, same with ramadan due to high season.

Due to any reason you missed to book your hotels on time then content to your local agent they have the availability for accommodation till last days.

https://goo.gl/bgyCAi

Edited: 21 March 2018, 09:53
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
56. Re: Umrah 2018

As Salmu Alaikum, brother. Thanks for your advice. I called Dawn travel. Because of confusion/uncertainty They failed or not willing to help me. I called another agency in Chicago. According to their advice I bought two tickets for 10/20/2018. I did not book hotels. I need help/guidance for that.

Preston, United...
1 post
1 review
57. Re: Umrah 2018

bare in mind that

according to saudi law ,

they will allow umrah visa for only 2 weeks maximum .

London, United...
Level Contributor
592 posts
58. Re: Umrah 2018

Imran p

it is visa travel validity is 15 days, after the day of traveling anyone can spend maximum 30 days there, please don't mislead others if you are not sure about anything.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
110 posts
47 reviews
59. Re: Umrah 2018

As Salaamu Alaikum

Brother Ali, the visa states that the stay allowed is for 30 days but there are clear instructions that the stay should be less than 20 days in normal months except Ramadan. If you check with your agent, he will tell you that you cannot stay fro more than 20 days on Umrah visa except Ramadan.

60. Re: Umrah 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2018, 12:22

Reply to: Umrah 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted