We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

I will be flying into Istanbul Ataturk with Turkish Airlines at 5:45am on a Saturday and catching the domestic to Nevsehir also with Turkish Airlines at 7:05am. The agent tells me the connecting time is sufficient but i am quite doubtful about it. Please advise.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

And I don't need to apply for a visa. Does it help?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,967 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

yipchris, welcome to Turkey.

I normally recommend 2 hours connection for such arrivals/departures from Ataturk Airport, but 1 hour and 20 minutes will be fine but a bit tight. Here are some tips. Get a seat in the front of the plane for your Istanbul flight for quick exit upon arrival at Istanbul. No visa requirement also helps, so proceed directly to immigration. Having no checked in luggage will also help greatly but it all depends how much you are carrying with you. Finally, the domestic terminal is right next to the international one and once you go thru customs, you will make a left turn for the walkway to the domestic terminal.

good luck and enjoy Cappadocia,

enigma...

Trondheim, Norway
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

This will be no problem. As I have written before, if the queue for the passport control is long, just go the part for the turkish citizens, where there is never a queue. Bring your boarding card for the domestic flight and you will get through.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

Thanks enigma and Roaldl for your reassurance! Is there passport control at the domestic terminal that i have to go through again?

I plan to have my bag checked through all the way to Cappaddocia.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,967 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

yipchris, I do not suggest that you join the line at Passport control for Turkish citizens as you have a good chance to be turned away at the end. I also think that people should refrain from suggesting ways that they will never do in their home countries.

There is no passport control at the domestic terminal. Just the security checks after check in.

enigma...

Edited: 02 May 2013, 06:04
6. Re: Istanbul Ataturk International to Domestic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 05:17