We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Istanbul Weather (Last week in March)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
307 posts
337 reviews
Save Topic
Istanbul Weather (Last week in March)

Ok -- I get it, not even the weatherman can predict the weather. I saw the suggestion to check wunderground ... but when it does rain, it is all day all night or typically for a few hours like rainy season in the tropics. I know there are no definative answers ... I was just hoping to figure out if there are any typical trends.

Thanks in advance.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Istanbul Weather (Last week in March)

ssbelltx, When it rains, it mostly is for a short while. Istanbul's weather is NOT like the tropics at all. We have no mansoons or anything like that. April is supposed to be a rainy month and we call that April showers. It rains, then there is sunshine, rains again, sunshine again, every half hour or so, alternatingly. But again, who knows? with the Global Warming, weather patterns are changing.

enigma....

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,103 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Istanbul Weather (Last week in March)

Not only that, but my experience is, because İstanbul is huge, and it has the influences of two seas and the Bosphorus straight, weather can be very local. İt can rain around one hill, and be sunny near the coast.

Here you can find the average weather conditions:

www.mgm.gov.tr/en-US/forecast-cities.aspx…

Enjoy your time!

3. Re: Istanbul Weather (Last week in March)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:18