We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not to be missed restaurants

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
74 posts
33 reviews
Not to be missed restaurants

I will be in Istanbul next month. What are some of the best restaurants for dinner? We'd like to do one nice meal and the other nights something less expensive but still sit-down.

ankara
Level Contributor
88 posts
1. Re: Not to be missed restaurants

ı advise you pandelli restaurant in misir carsısı for lunch not for dinner.for dinner it is advisible kariye restaurant in ortaköy at the coast of bosphorus.

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
2. Re: Not to be missed restaurants

Hi Bluefrog,

please check the following very recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3176…

If you do not have to have a view and are a gourmet, i also strongly recommend Changa restaurant (the tasting menu plus doluca Kav wine and lots of deserts) on Siraselviler Street near Taksim. About $60-120/person depending on how much wine.

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
7,098 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Not to be missed restaurants

Oh gosh.... Istanbul is a food lover's paradise.

First of all, how much do you want to spend, do you want to eat in the trendy 'in places' or less up market, do you want quiet and romantic or a loud and party atmosphere, what kind of food do you want to eat (Turkish, fish etc).

And, really important, where are you staying and how far do you want to travel to eat? Do you want somewhere you can walk to, or are you happy to travel?

We can give you lots of suggestions if we have more information. There is an almost endless choice - Ihave been visiting Istanbul for 15 years and still haven't eaten in all the places I want to!

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
4. Re: Not to be missed restaurants

By the way, we shall be in Chicago next week, and i'm looking forward to some good steak, baby back ribs and a cheesecake. we have some ideas on where to get these since this will be our seventh trip there, but I would also like a good Korean barbecue this time, and maybe you can recommend one for us.

If you can also recommend some good blues or jazz other than Kingston Mines, Blue Chicago Andy's jazz Bar and Underground Wonderbar which we know, it will be great.

For decent jazz, in Istanbul, Nardiz, near the Galata Tower is good. For other types of music check Babylon, Mojo and Ghetto and also the ticket site, "Biletix'.

5. Re: Not to be missed restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2010, 06:18