We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

I have been trying to book a return ferry from Istanbul yenikapi ferry terminal to bursa and back.

I know a small amount of Turkish so can read both the Turkish version and the English version.

both versions will not continue to the final checkout page, the page jumps back up to the last section with no error message in English or Turkish. the site seems to be asking for a TCN Number.

I do not think this is the Turkish citizen number because that is asked for at the beginning of the process, and you may leave blank I have been informed by Turks in Turkey and in England.

is it a Turkish citizen number they require before proceeding or is it a Ticket number. 'TCN NUMBER" it says in the box on the online form

19 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
1. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

I have been having the same problem!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

It’s frustrating isn’t it

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

Indeed keep breaking down at the end.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
217 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

This the third time also i m trying to book online but at the end the website reject my payment ! I ask IDO on Facebook about this problem and i wait their reply ! In case i will let you know

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

I am reasonably sure it means Turkish citizen Number. Tourists have to book at the terminal or find someone to help them in Turkey. It is annoying I like to have everything sorted before flying out and enjoy my stay in another country. Instead of wasting my holiday asking and sorting these things.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

If you've got a Turkish friend, ask for their kimlik number.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

TCN stands for Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Kimlik Numarası, it is a Turkish ID number. I had a look and all the boxes with an orange box must be filled. So it does not work to book online for foreigners.

In my experience you can always take the ferry, just show up in time.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
217 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

Booking ahead in advance let you get Promotion Fare ! If you wait one day befor your arrival Price will be very high!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

Thank you

It confuses some people when it allows you to leave blank at beginning but does not when finalising

You could ask a Skype or social media friend to give you theirs. I have been offered this on skype but will not take up the offer would not want to get anybody in trouble and you can turn up on the day as a tourist. I will have to do that thanks for confirming

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
71 reviews
10. Re: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!

I have doubts if that would work, they might ask your ID when you take the ferry (safety regulations). You're a foreigner so you would not have a Turkish ID!

I agree that it is weird that the first box did not have the orange (obligatory) dot but secondly it does have it.

If you stay in Istanbul you can ask the hotel to make a call to make a reservation by phone.

Reply to: trying to book online yenikapı ferry not working? !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted