We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

usa
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

hello, our family (2 adults and 2 kids, 16 and 13) are spending 2 weeks in turkey in july. we had planned on spending a week in istanbul and then a week in bodrum. i have since heard that we must not miss cappadocia. my question: how far is it from istanbul to cappadocia and is it possible to get there and back in a day? worth doing? we don't want to move hotels, etc. more than once in our vacation and would rather not have less time in either isntanbul or on the coast.

any opinions about this? thanks.

California
Level Contributor
217 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

The simplest answer is that a day trip is not really feasible. It should be about an 8 hour drive. Even flying to and back in a day would not give any time. If you are booked for the two week trip (can't add any time, etc)- you should stick with your plan. It's never possible to see everything one might like in any one trip.

Otherwise visiting Cappadocia would mean dividing the two weeks between three locations and using three hotels.

Good luck

usa
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

thank you so much for that prompt and thorough response! you have helped me a lot...cappadocia will have to be next time!

cheers.

toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

I'm also going to Istanbul in a few weeks, my friend just returned from there and told me Cappadocia is a must visit! i'm not sure if the person above has been there or not.. but my friend told me its less than an hour away so its def worth the visit even for just the day. thats what i'm planning to do too.

just check on a map how far it is to be sure.

toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

oh my apologies.... my friend told me the wrong town! Good thing i checked with her.

have fun and be sure to give a review of istanbul when you are back..

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

everything you need to know about the Cappadocia area is located in the pages of the Turkey Travel Planner

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…index.html

Istanbul to Cappadocia, in central Anatolia - 730 km (454 miles)

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…ist_cappa.html

you need at least 2 or 3 nights in the Cappadocia area..

also dont forget that Cappadocia is a region and the towns or villages in Cappadocia are;

Aksaray

Avanos

Derinkuyu

Göreme

Güzelyurt

Ihlara Valley

Kaymakli

Ihlara Valley.

Kayseri

Ortahisar

Mustafapasa (Sinasos)

Nevsehir

Nigde

Soganli Valleys

Uçhisar

Ürgüp

6. Re: how far from istanbul to cappadocia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 05:16