We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hows the Night life in Colombo

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hows the Night life in Colombo

Me and my friends are willing to travel to colombo to enjoy some good night life.. we will be travelling for 4 days only... we are a little bit worried about the mishappens and fraud in bars and clubs... can anyone suggest us some of the good disco and clubs in tow... thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

Hi,

Night life is fairly ok in Colombo. All major hotels do have some very good night clubs and pubs and few others outside such as R&B, The Hut, Cyclone, Clancy’s, Inn on the Green etc.. Fraud and mishaps do take place in all over the world no matter where you go. Therefore, I guess you should look after your own safety as we do most of the time as precaution is better than cure!!!

Regards,

Treshi.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

I have heard lots of positive reviews about Club Mojo at TransAsia Hotel. Lots of well known people seem to hangout there. Atmosphere is also well maintained. There is also a place called Amuseum.

http://www.facebook.com/amuseum

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

Thats what we are looking for .. a good friendly and well maintained environment. ....

Galle
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

hello friend night life is good in colombo.but try to find good hotels.try to find good decent places.good luck. if u want any help contact me.i am social worker.i am studying in university. udarasabra27@gmail.com

Colombo, Sri Lanka
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

hello

colombo night life is pretty good , with tons of paries and events lined up for this month should be fun for you guys . clubs are usually fridays and saturdays . www.icefume.com check this site out all the parties in colombo/ clubs and night life is stated clearly .

party hard party safe , always call a cab when going home or to your hotel .:)

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

what is the best place dance place in colombo.give me names guys.is mojo a good place?thanks help me for a good night life in colombo.

Al Khobar, Saudi...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

Im coming to Sri Lanka end on May begining of June, and I want a place where there are water sports daytime and I good nightlife, any1 has any recommandations?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,439 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

Hi Bader,

Not easy. Bentota is an option, as the water sports on the big lagoon there are more or less year-round and basically unaffected by the getting-more-mixed weather then (as long as it's dry). Hikkaduwa and U'tuna are slightly more of a problem as they have watersports on the open sea and the reef-protected area of it solely, hence not good surf and snorkel anymore and no waterski.

Arugam Bay could be an alternative. Only town on the east coast with a reasonable bar/restaurant scene and limited nightlife also. And a perfect surfing spot with nice sunny weather then...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Al Khobar, Saudi...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

Actually i was planning to go to Bentota, but from what I read there isnt much of a nightlife there! so that made me reconsider and research if there is another place.

but I prefer to hear from the locals and what they advice

so do u think Bentota has both nightlife and watersports?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,439 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hows the Night life in Colombo

Well, all nightlife in the tourist beach towns is less than in Colombo yes. Simply because it attracts mainly the tourists and less the locals and then the market is comparatively small.

Bentota HAS bars etc., just not as big parties as Colombo. And for sure has watersports...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]