We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is best island having house reef nearer to airport?

Chandigarh, India
6 posts
1 review
Which is best island having house reef nearer to airport?

Which is best island resort having house reef and nearer to international airport?

House Reef, More Scenic or picturesque, Beach Bunglows, more activitis and hope so in budget.

4 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Which is best island having house reef nearer to airport?

It's difficult for members to make appropriate suggestions without knowing what your budget is for your accommodation and transfers.

From your earlier thread I see that you're planning to visit with your wife and child between November and February, which is high season and prices at this time will reflect this.

What is your budget per night (in $US) for your accommodation? How many nights do you hope to stay? Is your preference for being close to the airport due to the length stay or to minimise the cost of transfers to your resort by staying within a speedboat transfer of MLE?

London
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Which is best island having house reef nearer to airport?

Kurumba is one of my favourite house reefs in the Maldives for its marine life (especially sharks). Other resorts in the area are better for corals (though all the corals have been hit in recent years with warming seas, El Nino and COTS).

Bruce, Maldives Complete

www.maldivescomplete.com

Chandigarh, India
6 posts
1 review
3. Re: Which is best island having house reef nearer to airport?

@Placitas:

Thanks for response. Following are my answers.

What is your budget per night (in $US) for your accommodation?

-- Whole trip should cover maximum in 3300USD (2.5 lacs INR)

How many nights do you hope to stay?

-- 3 Nights to Max 4

Is your preference for being close to the airport due to the length stay or to minimise the cost of transfers to your resort by staying within a speedboat transfer of MLE?

-- Minimize Journey and even wait time and do not want domestic flight transfers. also do not want 2 hours of boat ride. Better boat ride complete within hour and much better in 30 mins.

As i am with baby not prefer water villas. Beach Bunglow or others should work.

Edited: 15 October 2018, 01:34
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,729 posts
322 reviews
4. Re: Which is best island having house reef nearer to airport?

Angsana Ihuru might fit your criteria.

However, I'm not making a personal recommendation as we haven't been to this island.

Reply to: Which is best island having house reef nearer to airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted