We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

Looking at flights from either Edinburgh / Glasgow using Emirates.

- has anyone done the flight from Dubai that lands 0945hrs ?

Would it be likely to get onto the domestic flight to Outrigger Konotta, which is scheduled for 1045hrs ?

7 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

I'd love to say "yes, absolutely" Blair but an hour to deplane, clear immigration, collect bags, clear customs and make the short dash to the domestic terminal to check in is just about as short a time as it could be done in I think, and that relies on you landing on time and not in a group of arriving flights.

However, the domestic schedule is slightly "flexible" and it's not uncommon for it to wait for booked passengers, so with an on-time landing, speedy transit through the formalities and quick transfer to the domestic terminal you could be fine!

If you don't make the 10.45 flight then you would have use of the Moonima Lounge, where you can shower and change and enjoy some hot and cold lunch items, soft drinks, tea and coffee in air conditioned surroundings till the next flight.

We landed at 12.00 in June and were on the 14.00 flight to Kaadedhodhoo having had a pleasant hour or so relaxing and freshening up in the lounge. You'll be met by a Konotta rep on arrival at MLE who'll take care of your check in and luggage for the onward flight.

Hope that's some help!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
2. Re: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

We flew Qatar so I can't answer the question with any authority...but I'd gather views on how often that 10.45 flight leaves at 10.45 as well!

We landed at about 8.40, were due to be on the 10.45 domestic transfer, and it was delayed by an hour. Having discussed this with a few people, that doesn't seem at all uncommon...and if it happened to you, I'd have thought you'd catch it, albeit it would actually be an 11.45 flight!

Likewise, the flight back...I'm not sure whether the domestic transfers run, in any effective way, to any more of a set schedule than seaplanes TBH...feels more like a guide time.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

Hi Blair,

Yes we came in on that flight in March this year. From memory I think it was about 10.40 by the time we were through immigration etc and had retrieved our bags. The ground agent that met us was brilliant, but he hadn’t been advised of our landing time and so hadn’t been told which domestic flight we were booked on to.

He grabbed our bags and we legged it across to the domestic terminal....the 10.45 hadn’t departed and our names hadn’t been allocated to a particular flight (scary!). There was a lot of chit chat and the ground staff said we could catch that flight but that we would have to sit apart - we would have sat on the pilot’s knee to get on it!

More chit chat and miraculously we were suddenly allocated seats together right at the front of the plane!

So the plane was held back a short while and we got good seats together on the flight we wanted in the end.

Hope you are as lucky as we were.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

Thank you all for the replies :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

Our luggage took just over an hour last April so, even though the lovely konotta staff ran with us to the domestic terminal, we missed the 10.45. Next flight was 2pm but actually left at 3pm.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

When we stayed at Dhevanafushi two years ago we landed at 09.35 on the BA flight and one of our cases went missing so by the time we waited, realised it was not coming and filled in the paper work it was 10.40am and we still made the flight! The Konotta rep knew we had a suitcase issue (as someone got a message to her) and she was waiting and made us run! Our (one) suitcase came on a later flight that day and our missing one arrived two days later.

So not only did we make our flight but my obsession with splitting our clothes/stuff across two suitcases and always taking swim shorts and a bikini in our hand luggage was vindicated!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
456 posts
42 reviews
7. Re: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND

I definitely think it’s worth packing a change of clothes/swimwear in hand luggage for domestic flights. If we’d have made the 10.45 we were told it would just be us and our luggage would have come on the later 2/3pm flight so I think that’s a great tip to cross pack etc.

Reply to: Outrigger Konotta - outboud flight to KAADEDHDHOO ISLAND
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted