We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please share your experiences on Maldives resort- House Reef

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Please share your experiences on Maldives resort- House Reef

Please rate the House Reef please

I am scuba diver but not my partner. So I wish he could enjoy the reef while I doing my scuba diving.

thanks

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Please share your experiences on Maldives resort- House Reef

Hi

The problem is over recent years many of the house reefs in the Maldives have suffered severe bleaching. So some of the best reefs we have seen are no longer the same.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
124 reviews
2. Re: Please share your experiences on Maldives resort- House Reef

Which resort? The quality of the house reefs vary widely by island but bleaching aside, let us know which resorts you’re considering and we can give more advice if we’ve snorkelled them. My husband dives but often enjoys snorkelling more given the easier and free access!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,615 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Please share your experiences on Maldives resort- House Reef

Hi

Divers usually enjoy the South Ari Atoll so subject to your budget a couple of islands with easy to access house reefs are ..

Mirihi

Athuruga

Vilamendhoo

Edited: 17 October 2017, 21:07
Bonn, Germany
Level Contributor
314 posts
4. Re: Please share your experiences on Maldives resort- House Reef

....not to forget Maafushivaru when talking about SA and an island with a good HR.

Additionally, Gaafu Dhalu / Alifu offers some great dive spots and some resorts like Dhevanafushi. PHH offer excellent HRs (aside from the bleaching) with vast coral garden & "fish soup" for days of decent snorkeling....

Edited: 17 October 2017, 22:05
5. Re: Please share your experiences on Maldives resort- House Reef

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: today, 06:19