We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
29 reviews
Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

We are planning on booking Kuramathi through Kuoni but wonder if we are better off holding out until January for potential January sales/discounts. We've never booked through Kuoni so I have no idea if they do offers or January sales especially for the Maldives - I've tried looking online but can't find past discounts

Does anybody know if they tend to do a January sale? (Or sale at any other time of the year?)

We are kicking ourselves because they had a deal where you get £500 off Maldives holidays if spending over a certain amount, we would have qualified for this but it was so early on in our honeymoon search that we hadn't had time to research it before the offer ended.

Currently if we book by the end of the month we will get a free upgrade from all inclusive to select all inclusive. I just don't know whether to hold out for other offers.

FYI this is for our honeymoon beginning of August 2018. Thanks

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

I'd have thought a free upgrade from AI to Select AI could well be worth more than £500 depending on the duration of your stay.

If it were me I'd take advantage of the Select AI offer and enjoy a honeymoon where "all inclusive" really did mean "everything included" and no worries about the bill for extras at the end of your trip.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
161 reviews
2. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

It might be worth contacting one of the recommended agents before booking direct with Kuoni, when we went I booked with Travellab and saved a few hundred on the Kuoni price. I think the recommended agents are:

Travellab

Purely Maldives

Magic of Maldives

Hope you have a lovely Honeymoon.

Hertfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

I agree with the other posters on both counts, the upgrade to Select AI is worth more than £500, and hopefully by contacting the recommended agents listed above you will find that you can get the free Select AI upgrade and save a few hundred pounds from the price Kuoni quoted you. Your holiday will still be booked through Kuoni, and will still have full ATOL protection.

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

I would also recommend contacting the agents mentioned by suecave. They are Kuoni agents and I would be very surprised if they cannot get your holiday at a better price than dealing directly with Kuoni. They also offer a much more personal, helpful and knowledgeable service.

london
Level Contributor
287 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

I have booked many kuoni holidays with travellab just go ahead their service is superb and have a super holiday

Kind regards

Pina

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

Thanks everyone. I've been chatting a lot with Debbie from Travellab and she is absolutely fantastic, replies to emails straight away even on her days off! And nothing is too much trouble

It doesn't seem to be much cheaper than going directly to Kuoni though, I thought it might be a bigger difference in price but so far it's pretty much the same

Hertfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

It's possible that Kuoni are not giving their agents the chance to offer the free upgrade to Select AI, which would explain why the costs are coming in as very similar.

Just for your peace of mind you may also want to drop an email to one of the agents below:

Magic of Maldives

Purely Maldives

Simply Maldives

Travel Designers

If they are all coming in with a similar price then there won't be much else you can do.

I'll also give a big thumbs up for Debbie, we've dealt with her a few times in the past and she is always very helpful.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, Disneyland Paris
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
8. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

I'll also give Debbie a thumbs up, and add that even if I were to pay the same I'd book through a company like TravelLab or Magic of the Maldives rather than through Kuoni because - from experience - if I need to change anything (once had to change some return flight details once we were in resort, for example), I can contact them and they'll see to it all while I get on with my life/holiday!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

The agents are offering the upgrade to select AI, apparently it is a free upgrade when you book 7 or more nights in a water villa - I'm not sure if this is a permanent honeymoon offer or if it really does end at the end of the month, will have to check

Glad to hear more thumbs up for Debbie, she has been excellent so I feel even more reassured booking through her :)

I'm now trying to work out whether Kuramathi or Ozen are better for us, Ozen costs a lot more but includes excursions and spa and I think we would spend a lot of money in the spa at Kuramathi

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
56 reviews
10. Re: Do Kuoni do January sales for Maldives?

If snorkelling is important to you, are you aware that Ozen has no house reef?