We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Gems

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Gems

Hello,

I am expecting a call today from Holiday Gems for a holiday to Meeru Island Resort. I have found couple of topics on Tripadvisor forum regarding this travel agency, with some negative feedback, although the topics are a bit old. Has anyone booked a holiday recently with them? I can see a lot of positive reviews on Trustpilot.

Thank you

16 replies to this topic
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holiday Gems

Just be sure that your quotes are like for like. Sometimes you find with Travelbag if it is cheaper than most other quotes that it is for a different airline with less favourable departure/arrival or transit times.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Holiday Gems

Hi Diana,

Travelbag already e-mailed me the quote and the itinerary. Their quote is based on Qatar flights, arriving in Male at 09:00 (1h40m connection in Doha) and leaving Male at 10:00 (2h connection in Doha).

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Holiday Gems

Yes as Dianna says check the flight timings are the ones you want, and also remember you HAVE to add on your transfer costs to resort after the initial quote price that is offered on their website.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Holiday Gems

Hi Babs, the transfers were included in the quote I have received. From the airport to Meeru and return.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Holiday Gems

Hi,

So I have finally managed to book! In the end we chose Simply Maldives, as they gave us the best price. It was initially £3600 for everything, but ended up paying £120 more to arrive to Male at 09:00, instead of 15:00. Fingers crossed for a smooth holiday.

Thank you all for your help

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,921 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Holiday Gems

You wont get any problems with Simply Maldives or any of the recommended agents.

Enjoy your count down... lucky you 😎

Reply to: Holiday Gems
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted