We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fulidhoo and Maafushi

Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fulidhoo and Maafushi

Hi all,

I am looking at going to the Maldives in April next year just for a week from Sri Lanka. I am looking at going from Male to Maafushi then Maafushi to Fulidhoo. I am thinking Tuesday- Saturday in Maafushi as that fits in with the ferries I think, then transfer to Fulidhoo on Saturday until Monday via ferry. I hope that is enough time in each island.

My flight on the monday is at 3:30pm so I think getting the local ferry would be cutting time too short as that arrives at 2:20pm in Male. Would the best way be for me to get the public ferry to Maafushi then a speedboat or a speedboat from Fulidhoo to Male? And what would an approximate cost of a speedboat be for 4 people from Fulidhoo to Male?

Thank you in advance! Any help or suggestions would be fantastic!

Stephanie

Mentioned in this post
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
Maafushi Island
Maafushi Island
South Male Atoll
Fulidhoo
Fulidhoo
Vaavu Atoll
7 replies to this topic
Povazska Bystrica...
Level Contributor
211 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fulidhoo and Maafushi

Hi Stephanie, the best way how to solve this is to find an accomodation and ask for help. Lot of local accomodations now cooperate with some speedboat company and are the best source of information. Usually they have on Booking useful info how to get there...

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
642 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fulidhoo and Maafushi

Fulidhoo Guesthouses can also arrange a private speedboat for $250 from Male (one hour) or $60 from Maafushi (30 minutes).

source: https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Maafushi Island
Maafushi Island
South Male Atoll
Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fulidhoo and Maafushi

Hey Stephanie,

where did u end up going? what island can u recommend?

danke

thanks

marinko

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fulidhoo and Maafushi

Hey marinko, if you would like some suggestions Keyodhoo is very nice it’s very small and quiet with very good excursions and diving available. A slightly different island is Thinadoo which is much more tourist lead.

I am currently on Keyodhoo and you are very quickly accepted into the community and it’s been a lovely way to experience a different island life.

Both are 90 minutes by fast boat from male.

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fulidhoo and Maafushi

oh thank you! then i will consider these two as well? have u been on fulidhoo or maafushi? how are them compared to your suggested islands in terms of prices, food (i love fish and coconut and can est that all day), possibilities to do a PADI diving course?

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fulidhoo and Maafushi

I am on Keyodhoo now can recommend i Touch Blue for diving and if you go to Thinadhoo they can arrange for you as well, kit is new, Hassan is so safety concious having worked on a 5* resort previously and courses are more often than not 1 on 1 please message me if you wants some further information

Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fulidhoo and Maafushi

Hi, I have not been yet so can not recommend either yet! I was planning on going in April. But these other suggested islands sound fantastic as well

Reply to: Fulidhoo and Maafushi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted