We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Laos in April. I would like to have all transportation taken care of before arrival. What websites can I find to purchase bus tickets in advance where you can choose the time and bus? Is there a good travel agency I can contact so they can plan beforehand for me?

Anybody know a good driver who can pick up from airport in Vientiane to my hotel. As well as a good driver in Luang Prabang from hotel to airport?

thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Vientiane
Vientiane
Vientiane Prefecture, Laos
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Province, Laos
Private Tour: Vientiane City...
5 Reviews
from US$115.00*
Free Cancellation
Guided Vientiane City and Buddha Park...
6 Reviews
from US$65.00*
Free Cancellation
Half-Day Vientiane City Bike Tour
1 Review
from US$65.00*
Free Cancellation
11 replies to this topic
puerto princesa
Level Contributor
5,335 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

Plenty of taxis and tuktuks for the short trip from airport to the hotels in Vientiane, no need for a driver. Most hotels can arrange for long distance bus tickets. We always purchased our tickets the day before and never had a problem

Mentioned in this post
Vientiane
Vientiane
Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

https://12go.asia looks reliable, but in most cases you can just book a bus from your hotel the day before. As for hotel-airport transfers just flag down any tuk tuk/jumbo/songthaew, booking a private car for such a short transfer is impractical. If you're travels include mid-April (12-16) note this is Lao New Year festival and things get a bit crazy-busy.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
409 posts
1,350 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

After immigration and baggage claim. Look straight thru, you will see taxi service counter for city center is only 57,000 kip (Bank to exchange money right next to it) They using a new car very nice and comfortable ride.

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

we are 4 people would like to hire a mini van with driver from Vientiane to vang vieng then luang brabang a day trip about 10 hour please give us advise who to contact and how much to pay.

my email : nhacnguyen64@yahoo.com.au.

thank

Nick

Mentioned in this post
Vientiane
Vientiane
Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

I am also planning my itinerary for feb 1 -7. how many days in each city, starting in Vientiane overland to Vang Vieng overland to LuangPrabang. then flying back to VT.

any suggestions? like trekking,kayaking outdoor activities. should I hire minivan for overland route?

when should I purchase my flight and hotel rooms?

Mentioned in this post
Vientiane
Vientiane
Vang Vieng
Vang Vieng
Vientiane Province, Laos
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,521 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

Why not fly into Luang Pragang or out of?

Colorado
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

I can recommend Mr. Loy's taxi service. We hired him to drive us from Vientiane to Vang Vieng, for $90. He is also willing to drive to Luang Prabang. Having survived a harrowing public van ride from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang, I am even more appreciative of Mr. Loy's expert driving. He speaks good English. You can reach him at Loy_pae@yahoo.com, telephone +8562028924659.

Mentioned in this post
Vientiane
Vientiane
Vang Vieng
Vang Vieng
Vientiane Province, Laos
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang Province, Laos
Red Bank, New Jersey
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

thank you. any suggestions in activities. spending 2 nts in VV and 4nts in luangprabang

9. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2018, 10:57

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang

There's a new bus service at Vientiane airport (fare is 15,000 kip per person). It goes to the city center and Central Bus Station.

https:/…

Edited: 19 January 2018, 03:00
Mentioned in this post
Vientiane
Vientiane
Reply to: Vientiane to Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vientiane