We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from Vientiane to Siem Reap

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
228 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
flight from Vientiane to Siem Reap

Hi,

Can anyone tell me is it possible to fly from Vientiane to Siem Reap direct.

If not what are my other options.

thanks in Advance

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight from Vientiane to Siem Reap

Yes it is possible, we actually flew the other direction. They fly by Pakse which at the time we didn't know but if we had we would have had a night or two stopover.

You need to go use Laos Airlines, they have a website and you book online with their Europe based office and pay a deposit then pay the balance at their office locally.

I can't remember the price.

Cheers,

Kerrie

Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight from Vientiane to Siem Reap

Yes you can. Lao Airlines runs the flight. It departs Vientiane at around 6:30 am, so you have to be at the airport by about 5:30 am (groan). The flight stops in Pakse for about 20 minutes (but you stay on the plane), then arrives in Siem Reap at around 9:15 am.

The fare was $255 return from Vientiane. I guess it is about half that if you are only going one-way.

When you get to Siem Reap, you'll need to queue up to get a Visa. It'll cost you US$20. Make sure you have a passport photo available. You fill in the visa application as soon as you get in the doorway. Write quickly so you can get to the front of the queue or you will be there for ages.

The other place you'll need a passport photo is for your pass to Angkor. If you don't have a spare one, they'll take a digital photo of you for free, but it just slows things down a bit, especially if you arrive at peak hour (around 8 am).