We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VietJet - a flight from Hell

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Topic
VietJet - a flight from Hell

tuoitrenews.vn/business/…

Think twice before you go for the cheapest fare available. The sorriest excuse for not compensating passenger I've heard in a while.

Oh well, the Vietnamese in general are not interested in repeat customers anyway.

Edited: 14 August 2013, 12:57
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

Will be watching this airline with great interest

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,731 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

in the SEasia I would trust only AirAsia that do not fly domestic in Vietnam....

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,013 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

Well, that makes perfect sense. Too many people to compensate, so no compensation. Jeez Louise.

halong
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

I have been on VietJet for once, and never ever again!

Their flight schedule often get delay

Theri planes are really small and i did not feel safe

wigan
Level Contributor
89 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

Thanks for that, will stick to Vietnam Airlines, what about jetstar do they also have similar issues?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

Not that I've heard. But I've never heard of anyone being more on time than VA. Being on time is more important to me that cheap fares, mostly because I really, really hate to have to wait in a Vietnamese airport. If you haven't tried it, you can't imagine the hellish noise from their speakers. They like to announce flights every 15 seconds, starting an hour prior to take-off. In two languages. Pure hell.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

Been on VietJet several times & never had any problems. Would take them over Vietnam Airlines or Jetstar any day, and they're also the cheapest flying between Saigon & Bangkok. This is the first negative story I've seen about them, compared to 100s of VNA horror stories.

QLD
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

"This is the first negative story I've seen about them, compared to 100s of VNA horror stories."

LOL,

Vietjet Fanclub here https://www.facebook.com/AntiVietjet

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

Not seen that before Dacaro. Can only speak from my experience & from the "chatter" of my Facebook/Twitter friends, none of whom have reported any problems. Having said that, I did fly with them very soon after they first launched and haven't flown with them since April, so maybe things have got worse since then.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VietJet - a flight from Hell

VietJetAir is fine. I travel with them quite a few times and none of flights were delayed yet. Service was fast, airplane was clean and price was so much cooler then Vietnam Airlines. I quit Vietnam Airlines from a flight to Ho Chi Minh city with group of friends, we spent a night at the airport without any food or drink, next day they gave us back 15 USD each. Delay reason was unknown, they said. Well, maybe it was just not our day only but their price is so high now compare to the others.