We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Kingdom

Nambucca Heads...
Level Contributor
519 posts
56 reviews
Tiger Kingdom

In Phuket at the moment,, thinking of going to see the Tiger Kingdom,, has anyone been,, would love to hear what its like,,, thankyou

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Tiger Kingdom

Hi Vulcan

There were posts on here when it first opened - just check through the older ones or do a search of the forum topics.

I've not yet been to the one in Phuket - it opened just after we returned in June - but we have been to the sister on in Chiang Mai and it was a fantastic experience. I was hesitant at first but am so glad that I went and made up my own mind. The photos I have are amazing.

Can't wait to go there when we return in April.

Enjoy :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
2. Re: Tiger Kingdom

There are a lot of arguments for and against it if you use the search box here you'll get loads of info then decide if you want to visit or not.

3. Re: Tiger Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 09:05
4. Re: Tiger Kingdom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 09:35
Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Tiger Kingdom

I say go and give it a try. I loved tiger kingdom in Chiang Mai. So much so I went back twice whilst we were there.

I read some good reports in here from people who visited when it first opened.

Also recommend a visit to the gibbon rehabilitation project too.

Canowindra, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Tiger Kingdom

I went a couple of weeks ago and loved it. The cats seemed very content to me. The small ones were rolling and playing around during my shoot, then the large one was purring when I was petting his belly. Photos were amazing I paid for a photo pack you get a cd with hundreds of high quality photos. Planning to get one blown up and framed soon.

Nambucca Heads...
Level Contributor
519 posts
56 reviews
7. Re: Tiger Kingdom

Thankyou for the sensible replies,,, very much appreciated, will give it a go,, thanks again

sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Tiger Kingdom

We went last week and loved every minute Of it.Everyone has an opinion on everything these dys. The tigers seemed alert and playful and as one o th careers told us drugs are too xpensive. Go and enjoy

Mooloolaba...
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
65 reviews
9. Re: Tiger Kingdom

We went there last Wednesday and really enjoyed it. I had concerns that the Tigers may have been drugged and/or mishandled, but it becomes apparent when you are there how active the tigers are. With the smallest they are allowed to roam and sleep if they want to. The 5 month old ones were jumping and playing in front of us and the big cats coulld walk around as they wished, in fact one snuck up behind us during a photo session and started playing with the Tiger we were patting. Definitely a highlight to the trip.

Oscar

greenock
Level Contributor
49 posts
51 reviews
10. Re: Tiger Kingdom

Hi Vulcan Just back from Patong Beach ,Tiger Kingdom is a must!!! you can get a taxi from Patong to Kathu..just over the hill approx 400 baht return ,take your pick from large med or baby Tigers or if you want allTo be in a enclosure with live wild Tigers Fantastic Enjoy!