We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
30 helpful votes
SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary
Save

Hello ,visiting Phuket for 5D/4N during 3rd week of Oct,Not sure whether it would be raining heavily or not.Please help in refining below rough plan I have made :):)

Day1-->Tuesday(arrival 12:30 PM local time)

After arriving during lunch hour we can freshen up and go for shopping and showtime

Patong, check out Jungceylon on Rat-U-Thit Rd. Watch the (free) Dancing Musical Fountain Show (at 13:00, 15:00, 19:00, 21:00 and 23:00).

Phuket FantaSea show

Loosely based on a fantasy on Thai culture, the show features humour, tear-jerking love scenes, magic tricks, a menagerie that would put the Bronx Zoo to shame and wonderful lighting effects. Showtime is at 21:00 everyday except Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Day 2------>Wednesday

Head towards phi phi. For 1N and 2D stay

Else

we can return back to Phuket from PHI PhI on same day itself

Day 3----->Thursday

Phang Nga Bay+James Bond Island

we can try kayaking/canoeing

Day 4 ----->Friday

Day Four - Nature Day and PHUKET CITY Tour

drive along scenic beach roads via Patong, Karon, Kata.

• Visit Karon view Point and continue drive to Rawai bay.

• Visit to Wat Chalong.

• Visit Phuket's unique Big Buddha

* Lunch @ Local Seafood restaurant at Chalong bay area.

• Visit to Wangtalang local souvenir shop, Get some refreshment and take a break for soft drinks, coffee or tea

• Visit to Cashew Nut factory and shopping for local product.

• Visit to Century-old Sino-Portuguese building at Thalang road.

* Visit to lookout view point Promthep Cape or sunset view point of Phuket the most beautiful sunset view point in Thailand,Koh Chang Elephant Safari , After beach bar for sunset drinks

DAy 5 ------>Saturday(till 19:00 local time)

Discover Phuket BEACHES

visit the Patong beach which is about 15 kms from the town. This is the most developed beach in Phuket, where one can shop, relax, and take part in beach sports and other recreational activities. You can see many people sun bathing by the sea side. You can also try some adventure sports like snorkeling, sailing and diving

Next go to the Panwa beach, which is 10 kms from the town. One can visit the Marine Biological Research Centre in the southern tip of the beach, where numerous varieties of ostentatiously colorful marine species are housed in Phuket’s Aquarium

Then go to the Kata Beach which is 17 kms from the town. It is considered to be the gem of Phuket for its clear water lined by supercilious mountains and the Bu island on the offshore. Kata beach, which is more peaceful than gives you a glimpse of village life

Move on to Suay Restaurant to savor flavors of North eastern Thai cuisine. The Capuccino Tom Kha with sea scallop soup, the glass noodle salad and the pan-seared foie gras with orange-pepper sauce are dishes which are worth giving a try

end your day’s trip with a nice Thai massage, which is a vital part of the country’s experience

Some of the best places for a Thai massage in Phuket are

Gae’s Massage and Sauna: (On Saiyuan Road, Nai Harn, Phuket) - famous with locals and has few great massages and saunas which are offered in a beautiful pastoral location

Phuket Royal Spa and Massage: (67/63-64 Yaowarat Road, Phuket Town, tel: (076) 236 663.) is a high-class choice in the Sam Kong area, offering exceptional massage services and includes herbal sauna.

somehow I feel if I go with above plan :) I might miss out few "must see" places and end wasting time in other not so great places...please help at earliest as I need to book my tickets :)

Thank you in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary
Save

Dear Traveller 20132013,

Hopefully I can after having a bex and a good lie down help you out with your intinerary...

Day1

You might be a little weary after your flight so yes some shopping and maybe a visit to Junceylon to visit the supermarket to prehaps buy some snacks etc ..the water fountain show well it may hapen whilst you are there on the first day if not then prehaps another day.

Day 2

I would hire a driver Giles advised you and tell them what you would like to see you can stop at any of the beaches along the way which will give you a extra day to maybe relax ..

Day 3

Organise a Boat tour to say Phang Nga Bay which has some wonderful sights I recommend you book with a reliable operator.

Day 4

Maybe a walking tor of Phuket town and prehaps do Fantasea in the evening the driver you have hired for your day tour should be able to organise you good tickets at a good price.

Day 5

some more shopping maybe ? and eat some lovely thai food and relax before you fly home

May I also suggest you also look at http://cathyandgarystravelpages.com/index.htm

You will find in this page a wealth of information...... Have a great holiday

Cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary
Save

Hey Thank you very much Mr &Mrs Lozza ,for your valuable suggestions ,will modify my plans .The link is quite helpful.will check further in it.

QUick query :Are both islands i.e. phi phi & Phang Nga Bay identical ?Can one choose to skip visit to one of these islands?

Thanks much! appreciate it :):)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
27 helpful votes
3. Re: SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary
Save

Dear Traveller20132013,

I think you will get better value out of the Phang Nga tour as it is a bay that has many islands where Phi Phi is just one island and takes longer to get to . that is just my opinion others may disagree.

Cheers

Lozza and Mrs Lozza

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,527 posts
57 reviews
91 helpful votes
4. Re: SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary
Save

Phang Nga Bay gets my vote too. Having done both places and both are special, In my opinion, Phang Nga wins hands down every time. Probably why I have done Phang Nga trip, 4 times (5 and 6 already booked) and Phi Phi only once

Michelle'

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
94 posts
19 reviews
30 helpful votes
5. Re: SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary
Save

Hey thank you very much !!will def visit :)

6. Re: SUggestions for 5 DAYS Phuket itinerary

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.