We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

Hay-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

Hi there,

could anyone recommend a good English speaking doctor in rawai/chalong area that isn't too pricy.

I have been to two different doctors so far for a blocked ear problem which I have had for two weeks, the first giving me anti-inflammatory drugs costing me 2,300 bahts, the second doctor putting me on antibiotics costing 950 bahts, which hasn't made any difference so the problem is still there, and its starting to drive me nuts. I am finding it hard to explain to them my symptoms as they don't understand me fully. I have not been swimming and as i'm going to be in Phuket for at least another 7 weeks I am keen to get the problem sorted.

Maybe a trip to the hospital would be better. Do they speak good English there?

cheers

Sam

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

For basic ear infections I normally go to Dr Chusak in Taina Road, Kata center. Otherwise call the Bangkok Phuket Hospital to see if Dr Fukiat still consults there. Both doctors speak English very well.

Hope this helps.

Chantal.

Australia
Level Contributor
925 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

Hi,

Seeing as this is your 3rd attempt I would just go directly to the hospital. According to my son, they speak very good English.

Waz :)

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

In chalong is doctor titi, but i don't think highly of him.

In kata you'll find doctor chusak, very nice guy and imo excellent physician. Both speak excellent english and have a lot of experience with earproblems.

Alternatively go to bangkok phuket hospital or phuket international hospital, both in phuket town.

Hay-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

thanks for the info guys, do you know if Dr Chusak is open on Saturday/sunday. I have been ringing his clinic all morning to see if he is located in Kata today, but without any luck. Dont want to travel to kata to find that he isn't there today.

Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

Dr Chusak is off for the week on his annual Songkran holiday. I think he will be back on Monday. Sorry I forgot to mention this in my first post to you.

Hay-on-Wye, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

Thanks Ring0, think I will wait till Monday then, do you know if he is available in his clinic on Monday in Kata, or is he located somewhere else. You wouldn't happen to have a website or his business hours would you.

I have 763 301 15 as his business number, is this correct?

Cheers

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,976 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

Hi

Dr Chusak does not have a website and his number is 076 330115. His office hours are from 9:00am to 7:00pm Monday to Saturday and on Sundays he is open from 9:00am until 11:00am. He also takes a lunch break around noon and does the odd house call. So best to call first.

Hope this helps you.

Chantal.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

Dr Chusak Ungcharien office hours are 8:00 A.M. till 7:00 P.M. Mon-Sat. , if I knew that today morning , it would save my Fiancee one hour less pain ...

The adress is 209/11 Taina Rd. , Karon Muang Phuket

and I gladly confirm that he is a very good professionalist and good english speaking Doctor .

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

He also opens on Sundays for a few hours, but tends to be absent on weekdays between noon and 16.00 hours.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
7 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: English speaking doctor in chalong/rawai

I saw dr Chusak at 1230 pm on a wednesday. No waiting in line and his English is great. He seems to be pretty smart too.