We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance between karon / kata beach and patong

england
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
distance between karon / kata beach and patong

hi planning on visiting thailand august 11. went to koh samui last august , was fabulous . thinking of visiting bangkok phuket and krabbi this time but can someone tell me how far from karon / kata to patong . like to be close to busy resort for bars entertainment etc but love nice beaches also. not too sure where to go , bit concerned about weather as well . Thanks

Lyon
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance between karon / kata beach and patong

August 11 it is the monson season in Phuket , stay in Kata only this beach is safe for swiming and surfing.

From Kata to go Patong only 15mn drive ,no pubblic bus only tuk tuk or taxi!!!!!better rent a scooter

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: distance between karon / kata beach and patong

Although its not far up to Patong 15/20mins, if you will be spending a lot of time commuting its going to get expensive. A one-way ride in a tuk tuk will cost around 300-400baht and there are no metered taxis operating in Phuket, with the exception of from the airport. A scooter is the way to go (180baht per day) but defo only if you have experience, IDP etc etc

True August is well into the rainy season so its probably just down to luck about the weather. I have only been once in August and had almost no rain, but it could just as easily be the opposite.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance between karon / kata beach and patong

Small correction to the first answer: also at kata beach you have to be carefull with swimming in august, it will only some days be safe to do so.

england
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distance between karon / kata beach and patong

Thanks for your message > i will take your advice and probably base myself at kata thanks again

5. Re: distance between karon / kata beach and patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:23