We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Really confused help please

Brisbane
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Really confused help please

Hi all,

I'm looking to book our honeymoon for Feb this year. I was told that Koh Samui is nice for honeymoon but then I saw a lovely hotel in Phuket Andara Resort and Villas .. what is the main difference between Phuket and Koh Samui?

Is it true that Phuket is very very busy/noisy and not good for a honeymoon?

Thank you

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Really confused help please

Phuket is big.

Yes, Patong on Phuket is busy and noisy, just as Chaweng on Samui is busy and noisy.

On both islands you'll find many nice and relaxed places, perfectly suited for a honeymoon.

I would personally recommend Phuiket over Samui, because it has IMO more to offer and more diversity.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Really confused help please

Hi Kylie

not all of Phuket is busy and noisy there are some beautiful places around and some fantastic resorts that would be good for your honeymoon, Kata Beach, Bang tao, Kamala have some lovely beaches and resorts

Also 1 hour north of Phuket airport, Khao Lak would be perfect too,

The Sarojin is beautiful and on the best beach in Khao Lak www.khaolaklovers.com

Phuket is bigger than KS and has a lot more to do in way of tours and have some stunning scenery with island tours, but KS would be more ralaxing, depends on what you want out of your holiday, if you have time go to both :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,978 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Really confused help please

HI

Phuket is not Patong, Chaweng is not Samui.

Comparing the islands is like saying whats the main differeence between Melbourne and Brisbane . . . . . .

Both have lots of beautiful places to stay and both are suitable for a honeymoon. You could pick a remote location for one part of your holiday and a busier part for ther other part. Samui is smaller and there are more parts where there is a more laid back feel, there is more to see and do in Phuket [if you want].

I guess the best option would be what you can get for your budget, and how much it will cost in air fares / travelling costs to get to each place!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
90 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Really confused help please

Thanks for your messages.

So within Phuket are Kata Beach, Bang tao etc?

I was told Koh Samui would be the best spot for a honeymoon but then a travel agent told me there are not many day trips/markets to go to?

What area of Phuket is where all the markets etc are?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Really confused help please

Hi kylie

yes all those places are within Phuket, just like all your different suburbs are within Brisbane, and some areas better than other's

both Samui and Phuket are good for a honeymoon it just depends on what you want to do

have a look at these maps www.phuket.com it gives all sorts of info and also 360 panoramic views of the different beaches

www.thaiwaysmagazine.com for some more maps

www.mapjack.com is an excellent site too

depending on your budget have a look at www.villaroyalephuket.com

you get markets pretty much everywhere but most being in Patong and also Patong has big indoor shopping centres, Jungceylon and Robinsons

Karon and Kata have plenty of markets and shops too, also night markets in Karon

Phuket town has lots markets, weekend night markets and indoor shopping centres too

hope that sheds a bit of light on it a bit for you, i know how confusing it can be when you haven't been to a place :-))

6. Re: Really confused help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:17