We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

name of huge night market

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
name of huge night market

went to phuket back in 2010, and was taken with some other people to a huge night market, but beacause of the heat my body broke out in hives and my feet were severly swollen that i couldnt walk, so had to sit at a cafe at the back of th market and wait for them,

i am going back late may and hopefully ill be ok this time to go and look at what i missed out last ,time

thanks in advance

7 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,996 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: name of huge night market

We just knew it as the Phuket town night market but I'm pretty the correct name is the Naka night market. I'd go back just for the food.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: name of huge night market

thank u magpie59

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: name of huge night market

It could also be Chillva Market, although I'm not sure that already existed in 2010.

Level Contributor
754 posts
42 reviews
4. Re: name of huge night market

Huge market across the road from the boxing stadium. Bazaam I think it’s called.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: name of huge night market

googled night markets i think its nata market in old phuket town

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,996 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: name of huge night market

Thats the Banzan market in Patong. Aussiewoman is talking about Phuket town. The Banzan market is a great food market though and you can by seafood there and get it cooked at the restaurant upstairs. They also have a good street food market in the car park at night but it's nowhere near as big as the Naka market.

Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: name of huge night market

It’s defin Phuket Town market and all the taxis and drivers will know it when you ask them. Some hotels offer shuttle service to the market. Happy travels!

Reply to: name of huge night market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted