We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

Can anyone make any recommendations on where to stay in Pattaya? Me and my boyfriend are looking for somewhere within walking distance of beach/walking street but not slap bang in the centre of it, i like a sleep! budget max £30per night?? Ideally with a safe in the room....i think ive looked at a thousand hotels and cant decide because i read too many reviews and we have never been....please help! We will be staying 28/12 to 2/01......thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
St Kilda, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

I strongly Suggest Centara Grand in Pattaya, sensational hotel or as an alternative Hard Rock, but Hard rock isnt as nice... they do have a great pool and facilities though. Centara Grand is beautiful, great views, rooms and magnificent pools.

Mentioned in this post
Centara Pattaya Hotel
Centara Pattaya Hotel
868 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Nan Province...
Level Contributor
536 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

Well you should look at a map of pattaya and choose in what area you want to stay. South-end is Jomtien, more family oriented and about 10min ride to Pattaya Centre. All hotels here are more or less close to the beach.

North-end is Naklua and a 5min ride to Pattaya Centre. Naklua has some nice beach parts, Centara Grand Hotel is on one of that beaches (although I find it a bit expensive).

In between in Pattaya City and depending on where you stay you are in or just out of "slap bang centre". The closer you stay to 'WalkingStreet" the more you are in "slap bang centre".

In Naklua I like "Woodlands Resort", "Woodlands Suites" or 'East Sea Paradise". In Pattaya City I like "Fraser Suites". There is a brand new hotel at Soi 10 the "Page 10 Hotel". And of course opening Dec'2010 is the new Hilton with bathtub on your private balcony (in the plus rooms).

But in Pattaya City (out of the nightlife area) are also Ibis or Holiday Inn.

And there are new hotels almost every week!

Mentioned in this post
Jomtien Beach
Jomtien Beach
Pattaya, Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Naklua Beach Resort
Naklua Beach Resort
41 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Centara Pattaya Hotel
Centara Pattaya Hotel
868 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Woodlands Hotel & Resort
Woodlands Hotel & Resort
604 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

You're staying during the busiest period of the year, rates and availability will reflect this. As nice as Centara is, quadrupling your £30 budget probably wouldn't be enough to secure a room.

Check out the Sawasdee Seaview which will come in under budget over the 5 days (NYE rate is double), and the location is fine with 10฿ Songthaew's to get you around

sawasdee-hotels.com/pattaya/…index.html

Reviews here;

tripadvisor.com.au/…REVIEWS

Mentioned in this post
Centara Pattaya Hotel
Centara Pattaya Hotel
868 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,606 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

With transportation at only 10 baht you can easily and cheaply get to many places.

Map of Pattaya:

thaiwaysmagazine.com/pattaya_map/pattaya_map…

You may just have to get what you can get because of the holidays.

Here a are a few suggestions.

http://www.bellavillapattaya.com/express.php

fnetravel.com/english/…lek-hotel-pattaya.html

www.holidaycity.com/ibis-pattaya/index.htm

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Auckland
Level Contributor
183 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

Shame you're not on honeyroom as I might have - just might have -recommended Eden Hotel

6. Re: Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2010, 12:27
7. Re: Advice on where to stay in Pattaya??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 05:17