We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok airport to Pattaya private car or taxi cost ?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok airport to Pattaya private car or taxi cost ?

We plan to go to Pattaya early feb. wondering how much a private car or taxi would cost from Bangkok airport. 4 travlers.

Derby UK
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Bangkok airport to Pattaya private car or taxi cost ?

Do not use the "Offical" AOT service at the Airport..it's a rip off.... 2500 Baht is a complete con for a taxi ride to Patts.

Also they will almost certainly not know Pattaya, it's sois and one way system either. So if you are not comfortable with where your Hotel/Apartment is, it can become a nightmare. Just because they are "in" the airport doesn't mean they are sanctioned by the TOT. They charge more becuase they are the first taxi service you will walk past. You face paying potentially twice if not three times the cost of the taxi ride using these guys. Maybe not a big deal to some but for the sake of an email you can save yourself enough for a LT with a cute go go girl.

Email Mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

I have used his service for 8 years and more than 40 occations and they have never let me down. I also noticed someone else on this thread has recommended his services as well.

1000 Baht for Car

1500-1800 for Minibus - Can't recall exactly.

With Four people I would recommend a minibus due to most Taxi Cars having been LPG converted so getting more than a couple of bags in the boot(trunk) can be troublesome.

The final alternative (Taxi wise) I have used before is the Taxi rank itself. Go out of Depatures (I think around Exit 3) and you will see a table set to the side. It is pretty obvious when you see it.. You can book and pay for a taxi here which will take you to Pattaya. Normally about 1200-1500 including tolls. The issue I have found here is that you have little control over which taxi or driver and can end up with Nigel Mansell behind the wheel of a skip.. but thats all part of the adventure....no?

mkindy

Pattaya Thailand
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bangkok airport to Pattaya private car or taxi cost ?

The cost is one way. I have not seen a booking desk at arrivals but their cars are quite distinctive. If you ask one of their drivers he may be able to point you in the right direction. Make sure its an AOT driver.

Pattaya Thailand
Level Contributor
62 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bangkok airport to Pattaya private car or taxi cost ?

From reading reply No12. This is not a taxi service, its a limo service and consequently charges more. They are the only car firm sanctioned by AOT because they own and run the airport (TOT is a telephone company). As I said before if you get in the wrong kind of 'taxi' it can be a nightmare. The last 'adventure' I had with one left me upside down in a drainage ditch on Sukhumvit Road because the driver fell asleep at the wheel. To add insult to injury he wouldn't give me my luggage until I had paid the fare and wanted a contribution towards the tow truck, and, If you think you can get LT with a cute go go girl with the money you save you are either going to a bar with ladies over 80 years old or may have some serious medical expenses in the future. You pay your money and take your choice. B.T.W. most 'taxi drivers' hang about at exit No4

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Bangkok airport to Pattaya private car or taxi cost ?

Please don't feed the scammers,2500baht, a bit rich, you must have a nice pension.Never paid more than 1000baht,always pay 800baht return from Pattaya,signs all over town.

15. Re: Bangkok airport to Pattaya private car or taxi cost ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 06:17