We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in September in Pattaya

tynemouth
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
Weather in September in Pattaya

We are thinking of going to Pattaya for a holiday in September.

Does it just rain all the time? Or is it bearable for a holiday?

Many thanks for any info.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
18,533 posts
1. Re: Weather in September in Pattaya

It will rain and you may get some minor flooding in low areas until the drains handle the water. Rain does not fall all over Thailand at the same time. Some places are worse than Pattaya.

However, in Pattaya the rain usually only lasts an hour or two and the sun comes out again. Often the rain will fall during the nighttime anyway.

If it rains just stop in a bar or restaurant for a while or visit a movie or shop in a mall. Or just hop in bed and get some rest. Pick up a cheap fold up umbrella in Thailand and keep it with you. When I have my umbrella it rarely rains, when I forget to take it it pours!

You will have enough sunshine to give you a good tan and a bad sunburn! Hotels are also still under the low season pricing. You should get some good deals especially this year.

Have fun.

tynemouth
Level Contributor
14 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Weather in September in Pattaya

Thanks for the information. It does,nt sound as bad as what we have read.

So Pattaya here we come!!

Belgium
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Weather in September in Pattaya

Was in Pattaya last september, the weather was overal good.

Hardly saw any rain during the day but rather during the early hours in the morning.

And trust me, you will get enough sun for a terrible sunburn.

4. Re: Weather in September in Pattaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 05:39